Moved to new computer - need to migrate remote mappings (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have a Hauppauge 45 button remote which worked fine on my previous (now deceased) box but after mediaportal and hauppauge install on the new box, the remote mappings are not working as I want.. Can I retrieve them from the old system?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you've adjusted the default settings, you could try and copy the 'Hauppage HCW.xml' from your working box to your new box.

You can find the xml here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings

If that doesn't work, copy the 'keymap.xml' from your (old) 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' folder to the new box.

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    HomeY, thanks for the response. When are these files read - ie do I need to re-boot the box or restart MP?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, did that, no change!
    That's strange Alan. If you've adjusted the mapping in the past, those should be saved in the keymap.xml file.

See if you have a 'MediaPortal_BACKUP_date' folder in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal, and give that a try on the new system.
    The keymap.xml file should be in there, since an upgrade/new install will always install the default keymap.xml

Maybe you need to reset the mapping and try again (according to the Wiki):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/16_Hauppauge

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you again. I don't have that file, only have MediaPortal.xml.bak which I don't think is what I need. My problem may be exacerbated by coming from MP 1.7.1 hotfix to 1.9 possibly? I'll have to check out your reference for the re-mapping.

I'm also trying to match button mapping names with the actual button. A picture with labels would be great (but I haven't managed to find one) as the remote (TSHA-IR01) actually has 49 buttons. I begin to wonder whether I have selected the remote in the MP config.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't have that file, only have MediaPortal.xml.bak
    It's not a file, but a folder. When you do an upgrade of a previous install, then the installer makes a backup of your old MediaPortal folder:
    BackupFolder.JPG

If you don't have a BACKUP folder like the above 1, then i think you need to redo your mappings/settings. If you have a similar folder, take the keymap.xml from there and copy that to your 'MediaPortal' folder.

I begin to wonder whether I have selected the remote in the MP config.
    That might help also ;)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This may be normal but I noticed that in the hidden icon (bottom RH corner of desktop) there is one labelled winTV remote. Since anything I do to the remote config seems to have no effect, I wondered if anything else was having an impact.[DOUBLEPOST=1418724117][/DOUBLEPOST]I do not have said backup folder, so that exit is blocked. In the dim past, I installed an HVR-2200 which began to give problems so I purchased an HVR-2210. This has left me with 2 remotes - a 45 button RC6 and the 49 button TSHA-IR01, neither of which operates "correctly". On the subject of redoing the mappings:

o Is that normally done via the MP config?
    o How are the keys numbered/named? are there useful diagrams anywhere?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    On the subject of redoing the mappings:
    o Is that normally done via the MP config?
    o How are the keys numbered/named? are there useful diagrams anywhere?
    Check this post where i've linked the Wiki for the 'mapping' and the Hauppage Wiki page. The last lists all default mappings on the bottom of the page.
    No clue if there are more diagrams

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom