Moved to new computer - need to migrate remote mappings (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hang on. By "HP" do you mean Hewlett Packard (the PC vendor) or Hauppauge? Hauppauge is not typically abbreviated as "HP"...

If you have a Hauppauge remote/tuner and the IR receiver is plugged into your tuner then you must install and configure IR32 correctly. Such a receiver can't work without IR32, because IR32 contains the driver that receives input from the tuner board receiver port. If the IR receiver is a USB receiver then you may not need IR32 installed. Either way, you need to make sure that you've connected the receiver that matches the remote.

If I were you, I'd first determine if IR32 needs to be installed.
    Following that, I'd check the batteries on my remote.
    TSHA-IR01 looks like a MCE remote... which means that you probably have to enable the MCE remote (and possible the HID one too) in MP configuration.
    The keymap.xml is the very last thing to configure, and for a MCE remote shouldn't be necessary unless you want to modify the default behaviour of buttons.

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    My apologies, I saw others around the traps using HP as an abbreviation for Hauppauge. I have a USB IR receiver and, trust me, the last thing I want to do is mod keymap.xml but I'm running out of options - I'll try enabling MCE & HID and see what happens.

Well, I'll be blowed, lots more of the buttons work now!!! Well thank you mm, you've been a very great help. I can at least play movies and serials now. Once I get TV implemented, I'll see if those keys work. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    One important button is not functioning. The "i" or information key and is equivalent to the F9 keyboard key and is described in keymap.xml as:

"show context menu for currently selected item" with an id of 106

How can I add this to the mapping for either MCE or HID? If I knew what id the "i" button on the remote generates, I could mod keymap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom