[fixed] - Movie db refresh on changes of nfo and correct spelling of words in titles | Page 4

Discussion in '2.2 Archive' started by cbr954rr, April 17, 2019.

1. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I prefer nfo files because of a wrong entries or pictures in the online grabber for german movies.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,408 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Interesting. I never saw any wrong picture when using the MP2 importer but you may of course prove me wrong.

4. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I saw a low of those wrong entries, because the importer does not accept changes if a movie does not match to 100%. You have only to take a look at movies like "Conan the Babarian" or "Conan". The file was named Conan.mp4, and the info was imported from Conan the Babarian. You have no choice to correct wrong entries with the movie importer and in my case I have a lot of wrong cover pics or descriptions or I had somethimes covers in english altough a german cover was available and I am to lazy to rename all files with a Imbd-Id. I wish that mp asked me if the import was correct or not. Also for films like "Bad Teacher" and so on. Thats the case for all movies with similar names or newer versions. Therefore I prefer nfo files and local images.

Last edited: April 24, 2019
  5. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,408 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Sure you do. "Reimport" will give you a choice of similar entries from which you can select. The better way is of course to name your file directly with the correct name and year: Conan the Barbarian (2011) - or 1982 as there are two movies with the same name. The movie that you are probably looking for is "Conan (2010)", just name your file adequately.

But I don't want to argue, you do as you like. Notwithstanding I invite people to read the Wiki where the naming conventions are precisely described.

As I said, you should follow your own routines.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!