[fixed] Movie db refresh on changes of nfo and correct spelling of words in titles (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Which makes me believe that the use of nfo input is not very widespread, at last not among non-English users as for those you want to have the capital letters.

I prefer nfo files because of a wrong entries or pictures in the online grabber for german movies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    because of a wrong entries or pictures in the online grabber for german movies.
    Interesting. I never saw any wrong picture when using the MP2 importer but you may of course prove me wrong.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interesting. I never saw any wrong picture when using the MP2 importer but you may of course prove me wrong.

I saw a low of those wrong entries, because the importer does not accept changes if a movie does not match to 100%. You have only to take a look at movies like "Conan the Babarian" or "Conan". The file was named Conan.mp4, and the info was imported from Conan the Babarian. You have no choice to correct wrong entries with the movie importer and in my case I have a lot of wrong cover pics or descriptions or I had somethimes covers in english altough a german cover was available and I am to lazy to rename all files with a Imbd-Id. I wish that mp asked me if the import was correct or not. Also for films like "Bad Teacher" and so on. Thats the case for all movies with similar names or newer versions. Therefore I prefer nfo files and local images.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have no choice to correct wrong entries with the movie importer
    Sure you do. "Reimport" will give you a choice of similar entries from which you can select. The better way is of course to name your file directly with the correct name and year: Conan the Barbarian (2011) - or 1982 as there are two movies with the same name. The movie that you are probably looking for is "Conan (2010)", just name your file adequately.

But I don't want to argue, you do as you like. Notwithstanding I invite people to read the Wiki where the naming conventions are precisely described.

Therefore I prefer nfo files and local images.
    As I said, you should follow your own routines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom