[fixed] Movie db refresh on changes of nfo and correct spelling of words in titles (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Can you show us the tmm screenshot for the movie Chipmunks (1) please?

See attached, if I added a mp4 file without tmm nfo the title will be extract correctly out of the file name (see the difference between screenshot 19 and 20).

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    3 MB
  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    2.2 MB
  • Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    2.5 MB
  • Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    3.8 MB
Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just saw I'm tagged. The skins are not changing any font capitals, they just read what is written in the DB. If tMM is used, the content in DB should be 100% same in MP2, otherwise online sources are used and the content is corresponding. You can also check the spelling of affected movies in the online source to be sure, that root cause is MP2 (What I do not think).

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks for the info @ge2301. Then I wonder why it looks that way in Titanium Extended:

20190417-173208.png

I have strict offline sources and every movie has a .nfo file which is generated by MKV-Buddy/Media-Buddy. In the .nfo files everything is spelled correctly.

Example:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <!--created on 2017-05-09 12:00:57 - nfo4MPv3 v0.90.362 (28.12.2016)-->
    <movie>
      <id>tt6116368</id>
      <tmdbid>432668</tmdbid>
      <title>Allmen und der rosa Diamant</title>
      <sorttitle>Allmen und der rosa Diamant</sorttitle>
      <originaltitle>Allmen und der rosa Diamant</originaltitle>
      <plot>In "Allmen und der rosa Diamant" beschließt Allmen, nach seinem erfolgreichen ersten "Fall", das Auffinden verlorener Kunstgegenstände zu seinem Beruf zu machen und der finanziellen Misere damit künftig zu entgehen. Entgegen aller Warnungen seines Dieners Carlos nimmt "Allmen International Inquiries" den ersten offiziellen Auftrag an: Für den Engländer Montgomery (Tomas Sinclair Spencer) soll das Duo einen gestohlenen, wertvollen rosa Diamanten wiederbeschaffen. Als dringend tatverdächtig gilt der spurlos verschwundene russische Mittelsmann Artjom Sokolow (Daniel Wagner). Seine Spur führt Allmen in ein Luxushotel an der Ostsee, wo sich schon bald herausstellt, dass sie nicht die Einzigen sind, die Sokolow beschatten. Der Fall zieht immer weitere, internationale Kreise und der erste Mord lässt nicht lange auf sich warten.</plot>
      <premiered>2017-05-06</premiered>
      <aired>2017-05-06</aired>
      <year>2017</year>

Cheers

Blue Max

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just saw I'm tagged. The skins are not changing any font capitals, they just read what is written in the DB. If tMM is used, the content in DB should be 100% same in MP2, otherwise online sources are used and the content is corresponding. You can also check the spelling of affected movies in the online source to be sure, that root cause is MP2 (What I do not think).

No thats can't be :) I disabled online sources lookup, so there it is a problem with the import of the nfo. See my post above, mp4 without a nfo the title will shown correct, with nfo all words in titles are capitalized.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The skins are not changing any font capitals,
    Yes, correct. It's no skin issue, it's a bug in the importer... After reading this I've imported my own version of "Alvin und die Chipmunks" into an empty test database. I've used local data only, prepared with Media-Buddy (of course :D;) )...
    The Move file is named "Alvin und die Chipmunks - Der Film.mkv", the .nfo file contains the following tags:
    XML:
      <title>Alvin und die Chipmunks - Der Film</title>
      <sorttitle>Alvin und die Chipmunks Filmreihe2007-12</sorttitle>
      <originaltitle>Alvin and the Chipmunks</originaltitle>
    and the Matroska tags of the video contains:

General
    Unique ID : 58406510847507581095514102296069610892 (0x2BF0AF504996606214602C56D1AD1D8C)
    Complete name : D:\Movies\Alvin und die Chipmunks - Der Film (2007)\Alvin und die Chipmunks - Der Film.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 5.60 GiB
    Duration : 1 h 31 min
    Overall bit rate : 8 786 kb/s
    Movie name : Alvin und die Chipmunks - Der Film / Alvin und die Chipmunks - Der Film
    Released date : 2007-12-13
    Writing application : HandBrake 0.10.5 2016021100
    Writing library : Lavf55.12.0
    IMDB : tt0952640
    LAW_RATING : 0
    SUMMARY : Der erfolglose Songschreiber Dave nimmt nach einem kurzen und erneut erfolglosen Besuch bei der Plattenfirma eines Freundes mit einem Korb Trost-Muffins versehentlich auch die drei aufgeweckten Streifenhörnchen Alvin, Simon und Theodore mit nach Hause. Doch lange bleiben die drei nicht unbemerkt, denn sie sorgen für ordentlich Chaos in der Wohnung. Dabei entpuppen sich die Nager nebenher auch als begnadete Sänger. Dave sieht seine Chance gekommen, doch noch Karriere zu machen. Aber mit Alvin und Co. ist nichts wirklich einfach.
    TMDB : 6477
    All and everything is correctly prepared but in the database the movie is named "Alvin Und Die Chipmunks - Der Film"... (every word starts with a capital letter)...
    upload_2019-4-17_17-40-23.png

The same is shown in all skins, so the skins are working correct here but the importer doesn't...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso, see the above: there is an issue with the nfo importer that changes the movie title to use capitals for each word.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't think it's a big issue and should be easy to fix...

By the way, the same is happen with episode- names in series:
    upload_2019-4-17_18-1-13.png

Here the episode is named "Fang Des Tages" but must be "Fang des Tages"...

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By the way, is it possible to make a whole update of all files in db if I click on re-import in the menue and not only for new or deleted files??? In my case changes in the description in the nfo of an existing file will not change the entry in the db. I added a description after import a file and the re-import does not have any effect in mp.

Last edited:

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

that behaviour is so since at least MP2.2 release. There I set up a fresh database.

Cheers

Blue Max

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Best is to prepare the movies before importing them if you asked me. Lot less work...

If you want to reimport anything you can remove the source and re- add it again or you even can stop the MP2 server, delete the database (datastore.s3db in ProgramData/... ) and restart the server to begin from scratch with an empty database...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom