Movie Importer not getting all movies (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
I just noticed that several movies were not imported into MP2. Is there a known problem with the importer? Is it a coincidence that they were both avi’s?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You may have a look into "Videos" section... If a movie could not be identified properly it is imported nevertheless, but not in movies section but in videos. Every movie is a video (same is for series) so at first the generic information (path, filename, container, codec,...) valid for any type of video is read by the video "importer" (official name is metadata extractor, that's why I set it in "") If it is possible then the extra information like "tt number", moviename, description, fanart,... ist read by the movie" importer" and the video then is shown in "movies". If this did not work (means the video could not be identified), then the video is to find in "videos". If the video isn't available in "videos" too, then something went terribly wrong. This normally only happens if the video file is damaged or the drive could not be accessed during import...

Best is to name the video file properly, means ad the IMDB-ID (the tt number) to the filename and MP2 will identify the movie with ease. You also can use .nfo files and local fanart. Then you have full control over everything, which poster to use, wich sorttitle, wich description,... .nfo could be created automatically by various tools like TinyMediaManager or my own tool Media-Buddy (formerly known as MKV-Buddy)

Is it a coincidence that they were both avi’s?
    Yes, AVI is fully supported by MP2...

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you, all good info but looking into “Videos”...<No items to display>. The top left says “Genres” 0 | 0.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, then the videos are not readable (assuming the drive was online). Can you add the mediainfo output of one or two missing movies here?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Best zip all together and upload them here. I don't know which one is relevant. I'm using MediaInfoLite that adds itself to the explorer context menu so you only need to right click on a video to see all relevant info about...

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, I installed Mediainfolite and the right-click gives:

General
    Complete name : X:\Dunkirk (2017)\Dunkirk.avi
    File size : 866 MiB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If this is all, then the video definitive is damaged badly.
    Just above the "ok" button there is "save to text file". A sample file from a TV recording I made yesterday:
    General
    Unique ID : 57981063621832581275160124681342807861 (0x2B9EBF2559AF8B3FC9C4722D78C1EF35)
    Complete name : D:\Media-Buddy_Arbeit\Eingang\Serien\Einstein\S02E02 - Aerodynamik.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
    File size : 1.07 GiB
    Duration : 46 min 35 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 3 287 kb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2018-02-14 08:07:20
    Writing application : mkvmerge v20.0.0 ('I Am The Sun') 64-bit
    Writing library : libebml v1.3.5 + libmatroska v1.4.8
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
    Format settings, picture st : Frame
    Codec ID : V_MPEG2
    Codec ID/Info : MPEG 1 or 2 Video
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 2 901 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 15.0 Mb/s
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Active Format Description : Full frame 16:9 image
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Standard : PAL
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.280
    Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
    Time code source : Group of pictures header
    GOP, Open/Closed : Open
    GOP, Open/Closed of first f : Closed
    Stream size : 967 MiB (88%)
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : A_AC3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 384 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 spf)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 15 ms
    Stream size : 128 MiB (12%)
    Language : German
    Service kind : Complete Main
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Similar to this the media info of a healthy video should look like.

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The text file has the same info and it must be damaged as VLC won't play it. The other file that was not loaded but I watched with PLEX and which VLC plays - the text file is attached. Apologies, but I need to go to an appointment - back in 4-5 hours.

Attachments

• Darkest Hour.avi.txt
      4.3 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sometimes it repairs the video when it is remuxed into a different container... It's worth a try before you dump the video.
    You can use MKVToolnix to muxx the avi into a mkv (it's fast, as fast as to copy the video and leaves video and audio quality untouched) Maybe it is "repaired" then. But no guarantee...

The other video should have been imported. Dunno why it did not.
    As there are many movies existing named "Darkest Hour" it is not that easy to identify it properly. You best rename the avi file to "Darkest Hour (tt4555426).avi" and then trigger a re- import in MP2. Now it should be imported and identified

Users who are viewing this thread