Movie release date in guide (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm using XMLTV with Schedules Direct for my epg data. I am almost positive that in the past, Movie descriptions also included the release date tacked on to the end of the description.
    I have been doing a lot of experimentation the past few months so I'm unsure. If it is supposed to be there, what field would it be drawn from in the xmltv file? I'm assuming the <date></date> tags. That seems to be the only tag that the movies in my xml file that contains a date.
    Thanks in advance, if I'm wrong about mediaportal displaying this I guess I'll try to write a script to do that for me.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am almost positive that in the past, Movie descriptions also included the release date tacked on to the end of the description.
    As I understand it, "TV Server" supports very few properties of a TV recording. In particular it supports only the following:
    • Title
    • Description
    • Genre
    • Start time
    • End time
    • Channel
    The EPG that you use may contain additional properties such as the release date for a movie, or star rating, or age rating, and so on, but "TV Server" ignores this additional information. However...

If your EPG is in the form of an xml file, it would be possible to write a tool that would scan the xml file, identify the additional properties that you want to see, and place that information in the programme decription. You would run this tool before importing the xml file into "TV Server".

The above is for information derived from the EPG. I think that you can alternatively download information from the internet for files located in the "Videos" section, and this information could contain the additional properties that you want. MP1 may already be able to do this, or one of the MP1 plugins may be able to do it for you. I have never bothered to do this myself, so I cannot provide any further details, but look in the Wiki and at the plugins to see what they offer.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If your EPG is in the form of an xml file, it would be possible to write a tool that would scan the xml file
    Thanks CyberSimian, I was afraid my memory was faulty regarding that. On the plus side I played around with powershell last night and got a semi-working solution going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom