Movie sets in films (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is there a possibillity to group movies collections? In my case I have a lot of movies and some movie collections like terminator 1-5 (they are located in one folder). It will be good, that all movie collections will shown as one file and on click you get the different episodes, but Mp shows all files in the films main view as different files. That is not funny for movie collections with different titles like "The fast and the Furious (1)" and the second part which is names as "Fast and Furious". Further I had to scroll a little more if all collections shown as seperate files. See screenshot, I wish to have one entry like Underworld in that case and if I click on Underworld I wish to have all Underworld episodes.

Attachments

• Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    327.6 KB
  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    2.8 MB
Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can currently display everything as single files - or switch the view to display 'Collections' instead (--> Filter|Collection or 'Filmreihe' in German)

MP2-780 refers to having a combined view of collections and non-collection movies.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can currently display everything as single files - or switch the view to display 'Collections' instead (--> Filter|Collection or 'Filmreihe' in German)

MP2-780 refers to having a combined view of collections and non-collection movies.

Okay ;) sorry I do not found that ;) but that do not show the right pic of the Collection (the file is named "movieset-poster.jpg")

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).png
      Screenshot (23).png
      2.4 MB
    • Screenshot (24).png
      Screenshot (24).png
      592.5 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but that do not show the right pic of the Collection
    Collection posters are downloaded automatically from the online source. I don't know if it is possible to force a specific image manually. YOu can do this for individual movie posters, but not necessarily for the parent collection. But even if, it is certainly not to be called "movieset-poster". See Wiki for the file name conventions.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Collection posters are downloaded automatically. I don't know if it is possible to force a specific image manually. YOu can do this for individual movie posters, but not necessarily for the parent collection. But even if, it is certainly not to be called "movieset-poster". See Wiki for the file name conventions.

Yes, it shows the poster.jpg of the first movie of a collection, but not the file named movieset-poster. It will be nice to have different pics for movies and collections. I have downloaded all pics with tmm and the collection pics are named "movieset-poster.jpg". Is there a possibillity to change that behaviour that the correct Collection pics will be shown?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have downloaded all pics with tmm and the collection pics are named "movieset-poster.jpg". Is there a possibillity to change that behaviour that the correct Collection pics will be shown?
    I don't know.

@henso, what is the behavior that you implemented for colelctions posters? How is the system behaving when importing nfo only?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have set the MP2 importer to strict offline scraping and this is what I get for Terminator Movie Collection:

20190425-232424.png

20190425-232444.png

The grouping is working and the movie collection media files are displayed properly. The respective files are named movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg and are available in each movie folder (I have all my movies separated in their own movie folder). The movie collection images have been downloaded by Lehmden's MKV-Buddy / Media-Buddy. So if the importer respects my settings the naming of the movie collection media files is o.k.

The only thing what is stil not working is when you switch from All Movies with 'title' sorting to Movie Collections you need to manually sort for 'sorttitle' and vice versa.

Cheers

Blue Max

Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso, what is the behavior that you implemented for colelctions posters? How is the system behaving when importing nfo only?
    Basically what is described is supported but there are some rules for which poster is used:
    1. Get the collection poster from the fanart cache
    2. Get the poster from a movie in the collection from the fanart cache
    3. Get the collection poster from a collection poster in the movie folder
    4. Get the collection poster from a poster in the collection folder
    The fanart cache has priority to avoid spin up of the NAS hard drive while browsing.
    So, from your description, it sounds like there is no collection poster in the cache but there is a movie poster in the cache. This means the collection poster was not added to the cache for some reason even though it should be from what I can see. I will have to test with your exact folder structure to check why.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have set the MP2 importer to strict offline scraping and this is what I get for Terminator Movie Collection:

View attachment 201211

View attachment 201212

The grouping is working and the movie collection media files are displayed properly.

Cheers

Blue Max

In my case I have also all files in different folders and all have a movieset-fanart and a movieset-poster, but these pics where not displayed. Mp use always the poster of the first movie in the collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom