Movies database loading problem (1 Viewer)

JamesSunderland

Portal Pro
May 25, 2012
France France
Hi ltfearme!
Hi everyone!
It's been 3 years I've got a problem with MP and SteamMP skin only.
Let me explain this.

When I open MP and when I select MyVideos (step01), textual informations of my movies database don't display, there are only the covers (step02).

If I want to display everything correctly, I have to change the display mode (step03) from "playlist/name/folder" ("playlist/nom/répertoire" in french on step03 and step04) to "playlist/name/title" ("playlist/nom/titre" in french on step05 and step06). After this, all my movies datas appear. I just have to come back to the folder mode to obtain what I want to be : my movies and their datas classified in accordance with my windows folders (step07).

If I don't do this, I will never have the access to my movies datas throughout my navigation on MediaPortal, even if I open others rubrics. If I do this, I take back all my movies datas throughout my navigation on MediaPortal, even if I open others rubrics. The problem is when I close MP : this bug comes back.
-> So there is a problem with the initialization of the movies database at MP startup.

I've got this problem since I installed MP1.3.
Today, I'm on MP1.9 and StreamMP3.0.1.3461 (the lastest) and nothing have changed.

However I did a lot.

I changed the skin : everything's ok!
-> The problem comes from StreamMP skin

When I changed the display mode of my videos (to "title" for example) and when I restart MP, everything's ok!
-> The problem comes from the "folder" display mode

When I deleted my old database and I created another, I've got the same bug!
-> The problem does not come from my database

When I updated or installed again MP with StreamMP, I've got the same bug!
-> The problem comes from StreamMP

When I installed MP with StreamMP on another PC or OS, I've got the same bug!
-> The problem does not come from my computer

My conclusion :
The StreamMP skin has a init problem with the movie datas at MP startup when the display mode is set on "folder".

Could anyone (a dev?) help me, please?

Attachments

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I will look into better supporting Shares view soon.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    W [solved] MP 1.20 Video IMDB no showing plot General Support 129
    hounddog How to get My Films working in MP 1.20 My Films 5
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    doskabouter [Help Me!] Playback of iTunes Movie Trailers Developer Discussions 0
    D [solved] Movie artwork download stopped working Submit: Bug Reports 9
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
    J [fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie Submit: Bug Reports 7
    tano_grasa Movie cover not showing when starting a movie aMPed 0
    R [further infos missing] some movies freezing evry seconds Submit: Bug Reports 9
    J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
    B How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna General 3
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
    N [solved] Movies starten nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 16
    J How to save recorded Movies and TV Series to sub-folders? Newcomers Forum 1
    S Movie navigation issues in MP2 General 8
    D media portal 2.2 have movies shown on genre not name General 6
    D Ripped movies not importing unless IMDB code is included in folder name General 4
    M 4k movies General 2
    D [solved] Active Movie window General 2
    fredco [solved] Large import not working Moving Pictures 15
    M [solved] MP2 Not discovering all movies Newcomers Forum 2
    M 4k usergroup rule for them movies only watch/edit Videos 1
    S [solved] Movie SRT subtitle didn't display on client 2.2 Archive 18