Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPC-Freund

January 8, 2008
Hi,

I found a Bug and a Workaround for this Bug after trying to scan my Movies for a few hours...

I`ve got 180 ISOS on my HD and only 5 werde found by the plugin. I tried everything to fix this. I even deleted the DB and scanned it again. Took some time... nothing changed.

I was very frustrated und renamed some Files and the renamed Files were found!!!!

It was an Uppercase-Bug : .iso is found .ISO not!

Maybe this can be fixed in a further release.

Greetings and thanks for this cool plugin

HTPC-Freund

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    feature request

First off, awesome plugin....

possible Bug first. just downloaded the plugin 0.5.4 and placed the default skin files into blue2 and found that only the top left quarter of the screen showed. Has this happened to any one else?

One thing i would really love: A solution for having a multi-client environment. I have 1 linux-server with all the media, and 2 clients that are streaming this info. I don't want to add individual stuff on both clients... Sure, adding the data to online-DBs helps, but still it isn't completely satisfying.

+1 here for central database for multiple clients. Is it possible to have moving pictures configurable to use the MSSQL or MySQL database instead of SQLitedb. And then we can edit the location of the covertart images to a mapped drive.

Also, does the plugin accept UNC connections instead of mapped drives. If so how do we do it.

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    One thing i would really love: A solution for having a multi-client environment. I have 1 linux-server with all the media, and 2 clients that are streaming this info. I don't want to add individual stuff on both clients... Sure, adding the data to online-DBs helps, but still it isn't completely satisfying.

Temporary solution which I use with success you can find here: UserGuides/CentralisedDatabases - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation
    For a permanent full blown solution, you'll have to wait.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Also noticed that it does not pick DVD rips (i.e. VideoTS folder with IFO & VOB files), will this be added later?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom