Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    nice...

will u r at it.
    auto download subs too based on lang. defined by user.;

OpenSubtitles?.org has a public API with which you can search based on a file MD5 checksum.

Subtitles - download DivX subtitles from the biggest open subtitles database

I love this idea. However, the plugin should check first so there's not already a subtitle file present. And rename the subtitle files to match the video files:

Batman cd1.avi
    Batman cd1.srt
    Batman cd2.avi
    Batman cd2.srt

Would be extremely awesome.
    Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    nice...

will u r at it.
    auto download subs too based on lang. defined by user.;

OpenSubtitles?.org has a public API with which you can search based on a file MD5 checksum.

Subtitles - download DivX subtitles from the biggest open subtitles database

sounds cool ?

Also I think I'm going to miss the ability to categorize large amounts of movies.
    Folders I use in myvideos.
    * movies with subs
    * kids movies
    * new stuff
    etc.

All this will get mixed with database driven view I guess...
    forcing me to use a fair amount of time finding my files.

/gibman

Great suggestion about the subtitles, I added that to the to do list. :p

As for categorizing movies based on folder, that should not be a problem with the filtering system coming a few versions down the line. You will be able to setup custom filters and if one of the criteria you want to use is the folder the files are in, then you can do that.

EDIT: You're fast piranha!

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I love this idea. However, the plugin should check first so there's not already a subtitle file present. And rename the subtitle files to match the video files:

Batman cd1.avi
    Batman cd1.srt
    Batman cd2.avi
    Batman cd2.srt

Would be extremely awesome.
    Emph

Subtitles can also be embedded in a mkv file.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

I found a Bug and a Workaround for this Bug after trying to scan my Movies for a few hours...

I`ve got 180 ISOS on my HD and only 5 werde found by the plugin. I tried everything to fix this. I even deleted the DB and scanned it again. Took some time... nothing changed.

I was very frustrated und renamed some Files and the renamed Files were found!!!!

It was an Uppercase-Bug : .iso is found .ISO not!

Maybe this can be fixed in a further release.

Greetings and thanks for this cool plugin

HTPC-Freund

On my system iso's don't get detected at all. Do you have your iso's in subfolders?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The plug-in uses the same set of valid extensions that MyVideos uses. This is configurable in the main MediaPortal control panel. However Moving Pictures currently will not auto mount ISOs so unfortunately what you are trying to do wont work yet. :(

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The plug-in uses the same set of valid extensions that MyVideos uses. This is configurable in the main MediaPortal control panel. However Moving Pictures currently will not auto mount ISOs so unfortunately what you are trying to do wont work yet. :(

Ah, I guess MP doesn't detect the extension as a movie file but will automount it. I added the extensions to MyVideos and restarted the config app and it detected my iso's now. Thanks. I want to check out the fanart and movie covers, I'm aware that iso, and ifo's won't play yet.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Running Pictures doesn't seem to be able to pick up this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425637/ I tried mutiple names, etc but it won't grab it.

UPDATE2: I pressed the red X for this title since it didn't pickup, but now I can't get it back to try more search strings.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    UPDATE: Running Pictures doesn't seem to be able to pick up this Chi bi (2008) I tried mutiple names, etc but it won't grab it.

The plugin does not scan against imdb (yet). It get's all information from Online Movie Database - An open directory of Movies for HTPC software
    You can enter the movie information over there and the plugin will then pick it up.

Oh, oops. OK, will do, thanks.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am surprised skinners don't have easy access to the thumbs folder. That would make it difficult for a skin like Aeon to use the downloaded backdrops from Moving Pictures as a part of the slow rotation on other screens. :(

You could add double controls, one for vista and one for xp. Would of course mean that it always will check for backdrops in a non-excisting folder, but it also means it would work for both OS's.. I haven't tested it, but you can get yourself up one lvl with "\..\" and so on, so in theory you can get to the folders you need to get too.

I preffer it the way I have it now tho; the coolest backgrounds in my basic home, and the ones matching the movies in moving pictures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom