Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokkes

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Question:

The three icons that are one the right of the screen (lines, gear, magnifying glass), are they currently being used for anything?

Just wondering if they're placeholders for now because I can't select them with my remote.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
They are really just place holders right now, in the latest default skin they should not be present. The one with the lines though should cycle the view if your skin is setup properly. The other two do nothing right now, but will be filtering, and settings (probably a special view to manage and approve files that were not auto-approved).

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    here is an update on the wip for the 4x3 skin files.
    I have been working on them today, switching between the day2day job and fun ;-)
    Again, work has been done on a laptop with 1280x800 resolution. I will update my home config with these files to check for quirks on the real 4x3 resolution.
    In the meantime, feel free to test these and provide feedback.

Things on my list:

• Filmstrip view is nowhere near completion. Checking different settings to see what everything does.
    • play around with both small and large thumbnail view.
    and off course anything else I may have left out ;)
    So, any comments are more then welcome.

marvenius,

I just downloaded your xmls... won't have a chance to look at them til next week sometime. Do you have any screenies of what you've got so far, I would be interested in seeing them. I'm working on a 4x3 skin based on 800x600 (instead of 720x576) for my set up. I haven't installed MovingPictures yet, still diddling with my skin files but I figure I will eventually. :D

Thanks!

Chuck

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    marvenius,

I just downloaded your xmls... won't have a chance to look at them til next week sometime. Do you have any screenies of what you've got so far, I would be interested in seeing them. I'm working on a 4x3 skin based on 800x600 (instead of 720x576) for my set up. I haven't installed MovingPictures yet, still diddling with my skin files but I figure I will eventually. :D

Thanks!

Chuck

Hey Chuck, good to read someone is (already) in need of the 4x3 skinfiles. I'm editing based on Project Mayhem and Blue Two. It looks right in PM, but the blue theme is something else.
    At least, here are the new files. Still work in Progress!
    Still to do: Filmstrip, some small items (like the spinners) to position correctly. Screen shots are not that different from the original ones ScreenShots - moving-pictures - Google Code - Screen shots of the latest version of Moving Pictures. , except in 4x3 ;-)

Let me know what you think of it.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am surprised skinners don't have easy access to the thumbs folder. That would make it difficult for a skin like Aeon to use the downloaded backdrops from Moving Pictures as a part of the slow rotation on other screens. :(

You could add double controls, one for vista and one for xp. Would of course mean that it always will check for backdrops in a non-excisting folder, but it also means it would work for both OS's.. I haven't tested it, but you can get yourself up one lvl with "\..\" and so on, so in theory you can get to the folders you need to get too.

I preffer it the way I have it now tho; the coolest backgrounds in my basic home, and the ones matching the movies in moving pictures.

My 2 cts would be if there was a #skin.path setting or something.
    That way, you can use the files as a template to provide skin specific settings and use other images from within MP.
    Like every other image that different plugins use.
    An Image control could be setup like
    <texture>#skin.path\Media\some.image.png</texture>
    or
    <texture>#mp.files|#pluginname.files\images\coolbackdrop.png</texture>

Now I'm just getting started on learning skin xml, and figuring out about controls ;-) This may already be there that I do not know of. Is there anyway to check?

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    where is the config XML located for moving pictures if any at all ?

I grew tired of the file dialogue when adding shares.
    instead of typing in the path.

/gibman

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Me too gibman. I can't even browse to my movie folder (something is wrong with my OS) so I had to edit it myself in Moving Picture's database.
    Located at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 in Vista.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    minor annoyances I spotted....

when stopping a movie it returns to the first item in the list each time.
    It should focus itself on the "just stopped" movie.

also missing the possibility to delete a movie using the F9 context menu + all the other stuff myvideos is able to do.

when turning on the OSD screen while playing a clip fullscreen it often doesnt show the movie info, often not even a cover.

/gibman

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Also (if possible) it would be really cool if stacked files had a joint time remaining counter for the OSD overlay when playing. Or is this an issue with the built in MP video player?

Edit: Titles that has "-" or ":" in them isn't automatically ok:d by the plugin. Like if I have "Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story.avi" and the Movie-XML title is "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" it isn't automatically chosen.

Emph

baldur

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Chuck, good to read someone is (already) in need of the 4x3 skinfiles. I'm editing based on Project Mayhem and Blue Two. It looks right in PM, but the blue theme is something else.
    At least, here are the new files. Still work in Progress!
    Still to do: Filmstrip, some small items (like the spinners) to position correctly. Screen shots are not that different from the original ones ScreenShots - moving-pictures - Google Code - Screen shots of the latest version of Moving Pictures. , except in 4x3 ;-)

Let me know what you think of it.

Hi, I just downloaded your files and copied them to the "Project Mayham"-Skin directory - but I do not see any pictures, just text...do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
    Baldur

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom