Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archigos

September 1, 2008
Middle of New York State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
moviebackdrops.com

I'd like to say Hello to John and everyone else interested in this plug-in. John contacted me via XBMC forums about his plug-in and I figured I'd join over here to help with the tech support issues.

I apologize for the site being down, as Paranoid Delusion linked to my post over there I wont repeat everything, I'll just say (for those too lazy to visit the link) :D that the site being down is a temporary issue unless the abuse that I recieve continues on a regular basis. As far as I can tell looking at the logs on my server this plug-in is not the cause of the CPU load, so (not pointing fingers) if some of the users of this are "Site-Ripping" as well as using the plug-in I respectfully request that they do not do that.

The site should be back up soon, the email they sent me said it'd be at +0100 GMT but it might not be exact.

------
fforde, thanks for the info on your plug-in, I'm taking a look at it now... hell, this gave me a reason to check out your forums and I might put MediaPortal on one of my desktops to test because of you. :p

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for stopping by Archigos, I really appreciate it. And glad to here you might be taking a look at MediaPortal! :p If you have any questions send me a PM.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I tried it yesterday and was amazed ! Really, REALLY good work fforde !

Few thougts, though:
    I have my movies on a hidden network share. I could only browse through my network to find my movie path - not so good with hidden shares. I had to map a network, which is not so bad, but network mappings seem to get lost in XP (ghosting...), maybe you could make an option to manually enter a path.

In the results list I get about 10 movies to pick from, that works for most movies, sadly not for all - try to find "The One.avi" :)) Maybe you could extend this list (or add a "more"-button) ? Or is it already there and I just haven´t seen it...

Love it.

cheers
    mcbelly
    l

the_ult

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Archigos
    That's good news :)

fforde & ArmandP
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Will test the release this week.

A small problem which I still have is that in the configmenu, the overview tabpage is empty, the settings tabpage [rescan all]-button doesn't work and the help tabpage is empty. Is this correct?

When you're in the first tabpage of the configmenu and alter the title of a movie, you can't do a rescan on that movie to get the correct imdb/moviesxml or backdrops. Is this correct?

- Were can I find the movingpictures DB, so I delete it and do a clean 'install/rescan'?

:D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    the_ult: The db is in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" for XP. For Vista, I don't know. Same place as your "Cache" folder.

Emph

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What is the advantage of this plugin, compared to the built-in Video? I think this one looks interesting, but isn't it "just" a skin-change / update? I understand that there is an automatic update-function when a movie is added. But isn't this already in MP?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    What is the advantage of this plugin, compared to the built-in Video? I think this one looks interesting, but isn't it "just" a skin-change / update? I understand that there is an automatic update-function when a movie is added. But isn't this already in MP?

There is a hell of a lot of extra functionality that is either already implemented or is being added in the near future.

Just a quick list of the top off my head.
    *Currently implemented

-Movie Fanart support - automatic downloading of movie fanart (big feature) (no slowdowns etc)
    -Better Importer - picks up more movies correctly
    -Much faster than MyVideos (No slowdown on watched movie flags)

* Coming Soon
    -Logo support similar to mptvseries
    -Advanced movie filtering
    -Custom movie tagging
    -More skinning features :D

The best thing is, if you think some functionality is missing you can mention it on the issue tracker. If its a good idea it will be added.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hehe just try it youll see....

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hehe just try it youll see....

Well, judging from the screenshots i don't see where the advantage is - i mean, there's the same info as in the built-in Movies view, isn't there?

Normally the plugins I see in MP are someone that changes something drastically or improves something with new functionality.

Well, gotta try it then ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom