Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Looking at the screenshots it beats built-in with fanart support(and it gets grabbed automatically). and the views look waaaay better. The list-view is awesome.
The rest of the advantages is not visible, but they are even better :)

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
anyone else using Moving Pictures with AEON skin?

Using the generic skin files don't look that good with Aeon.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    pannivas: There's a skinfile for this plugin now in the AEON Wide forum made my mattsk88. Looks much better than the generic file imho.

Emph

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Actually I like the screens that come with the plugin. Well, screen at least, listview looks awesome :D

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Actually I like the screens that come with the plugin. Well, screen at least, listview looks awesome :D

HeHe i prefer the generic list view as well (I guess that is why i designed it lol, perfect fit for the titanium skin:p). I made the aeon skin to fit with the theme. Like I mentioned its just a base that can be improved on, Im working on two skins atm so I didn't have much free time to spend on the aeon skin:sorry:

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

HeHe i prefer the generic list view as well (I guess that is why i designed it lol, perfect fit for the titanium skin:p). I made the aeon skin to fit with the theme. Like I mentioned its just a base that can be improved on, Im working on two skins atm so I didn't have much free time to spend on the aeon skin:sorry:

PR will probably give out his files soon, can't keep'em to himself forever :) You shouldnt be sorry for not spending countless hours fixing aeon files when you work on another skin(s), you should be proud you created a working version ;)

Just because that listview is so awesome im downloading your titanium skin to check it out.. Been using aeon(xephyr) since the first port here on the forum, so I guess its time to try something new :)
    Im usually not very fond of light colours, but we'll see..

The meteorite skin youre working is looking very promising for my taste!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When you have a movie that's less than an hour long, the shown info is "0 hours and 50 minutes". It would look better with only "50 minutes". If a movie is 2 hours exactly, the shown info is "2 hours and 0 minutes". Would look better with only "2 hours". Should be quite easy to fix as well. :D

Emph

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I would love to see an Aeon version more like you made with TV Series. Keeping information layer over the fanart at the bottom of the screen.
    Does not cover so much of the actual fanart.

It also looks cooler to have a transparent dark grey instead of pure black.

Someone who can make a modification like this?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    GUI Performance Improvements
    To improve performance when moving rapidly through the movie browser, I have added a small delay on loading artwork when traversing the list. The default is 0.25 seconds, so basically this means that when you click, the plug-in waits 0.25 seconds to see if you click again, and if you do it doesn't bother loading the artwork for that movie you very briefly highlighted. This should dramatically improve performance when quickly moving through the movie list, thumbnail view, etc. Depending on your input device you may want to adjust this delay to fit your needs, this is configurable under the Advanced Settings panel. Feedback is of course welcome here.

Much better way to handly such would be to create a worker thread that runs in the background. That would speed up the thumbnail / artwork loading 0.25s (as there is no delay) and it wouldnt cause "hanging" GUI if user manages to press the navigation buttons just on time when the 0.25s delay is expired and loading starts up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom