Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
It works great except some movies can be played

Please name files and there format, would help if you told us how you installed your relevant codecs, playback should have nothing to do with this plugin if it recognises them as a valid format.
Can they be played in MP Movies!! for instance.

Regards

the movie that it can't play is Saving.Private.Ryan.720p.HDTV.Premiere.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv

I use k-lite codec to watch such that movie. It's not that it can't play all MKV movies, it just some movies so I guess there's nothing to do with either codec or the player

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If possible, an option to totally turn off the backdrops would be nice.

Edit: Never mind, it's easy enough to just set the minimum size at a "too" high value and have the plugin skip the downloads.
    Edit 2: On second thought, it would be better to be able to properly turn them off. Doing what I did (above) causes other issues)

Emph

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does the file play in media player classic (MPC), if it does not, could be a bogus file, especially if its from a torrent download.

Prefer the Vista Codec Pack or cccp to any k-lite version.

Check if you have any codec errors using filmerit (link in sig), use padlock to repair any errors.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I miss the option "Use Folders For Matching" from v0.5.2.
    Is this now by default?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry for the huge post. Just trying to be responsive. :p

@mcbelly

Hrmm. I had not thought about hidden network shares before. I will look into this and see what I can do.

As far as the qunatity of movies on the list of results in the importer, that is something I can't really do much about, that is just what movie-xml.com returns, and unfortunately there is no interface for returning the next ten items in the result set. I will talk to zag2me though to see if he has any ideas for this situation. Also in the near future I will be adding the ability to manually search by IMDB id rather than a title search string. This should serve as a work around for movies that just refuse to match.

@the_ult

Yes the overview tab for the importer along with a few others are supposed to be empty. They have just not been fleshed out yet. Those were things that I felt like were important for intial release originally, but later got pushed aside for oher things. In the next release I think I am going to gloss up the config screen a little so I will take care of these things then.

The force rescan button does work, but I think it just does something a little different than what you are expecting. Basically it "reboots" the movie importer, making it act like the program just launched. Initially the scanner does a full path scan, then it just watches for changes in the folder. That button forces a new full path scan. It wont re-add pre-existing movies though. I will make this more clear in future releases. Actually I will probably totally get rid of the button because there really should never be a need for it functionally. It was really just a tool for me when testing the importer out while it was still a work in progress.

And emphatic is right about the directory to your database. You alternatively could just remove and re-add your import path though. Removing an import path removes all associated movies.

What is the advantage of this plugin, compared to the built-in Video? I think this one looks interesting, but isn't it "just" a skin-change / update? I understand that there is an automatic update-function when a movie is added. But isn't this already in MP?
    The MyVideos feature is designed to be as flexible as possible and work for any type of video files, not just movies. YOu could have music vieos, TV-Shows, clips, recordings, anything. It is not meant to have the kind of focus that this plug-in has. You are right there is a lot of overlap, but my hope is that the narrower focus of this plug-in will allow for a more focused experience. I explain in a little more detail the goals of the program and how it is different from MyVideo on the landing page of the project website.

When you have a movie that's less than an hour long, the shown info is "0 hours and 50 minutes". It would look better with only "50 minutes". If a movie is 2 hours exactly, the shown info is "2 hours and 0 minutes". Would look better with only "2 hours". Should be quite easy to fix as well. :D

Emph

I know, it also bugs me when it says "1 Hours, 45 Minutes". I will see if I can clean this up in the next release.

@tourettes
    I will look into loading artwork in a separate thread. I am really not happy with how it works right now. The delay improves performance but reduces responsiveness, which I think is a lousy trade off. Created an issue for this.

If possible, an option to totally turn off the backdrops would be nice.

Edit: Never mind, it's easy enough to just set the minimum size at a "too" high value and have the plugin skip the downloads.
    Edit 2: On second thought, it would be better to be able to properly turn them off. Doing what I did (above) causes other issues)

Emph
    Setting the max backdrop height to something outrageous would effectively work, but it will still download the artwork from online, it would just throw it away afterwards. I will look at adding an option to turn off backdrop downloading.

Hi, I miss the option "Use Folders For Matching" from v0.5.2.
    Is this now by default?

That logic was made a lot more intelligent. Basically if you have multiple unrelated files in a folder it will never use folder matching. Otherwise it checks the "Prefer Folder for Single-Part Movie". If this is turned on it will always use the folder name when you have a file by itself in a folder. This is default to on though.

Are you having trouble with matching and incorrect search strings?

---------------------------

Phew... that took all morning. I need a community manager.

Felias

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there!

I just installed the plugin, as it really is just what i ever dreamed of since having an HD-HTPC :) Thanks a lot for the probono work you've put into this.
    The only issue is: Fanart isn't working for me. It seems as if it always gets a 404 error when downloading the fanart...

01-Sep-2008 21:37:32 Error [ DBMovieInfo]: Failed to retrieve artwork from 404 - Not Found. Reached retry limit of 10 System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.meligrove.commovies'
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.MovingPicturesTables.DBMovieInfo.getImageFromUrl(String url)
    01-Sep-2008 21:37:32 Debug [MovieBackdropsProvid]: MovieBackdrops.com returned 404 for http://moviebackdrops.com/backdrops/tt0337978/. Usually means no art available.
    01-Sep-2008 21:37:34 Error [ DBMovieInfo]: Failed to retrieve artwork from 404 - Not Found. Reached retry limit of 10 System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.meligrove.commovies'
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.MovingPicturesTables.DBMovieInfo.getImageFromUrl(String url)
    01-Sep-2008 21:37:34 Debug [MovieBackdropsProvid]: MovieBackdrops.com returned 404 for http://moviebackdrops.com/backdrops/tt0865556/. Usually means no art available.
    01-Sep-2008 21:37:35 Error [ DBMovieInfo]: Failed to retrieve artwork from 404 - Not Found. Reached retry limit of 10 System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.meligrove.commovies'

This goes on and on... could it be that indeed both pages are not working? The internet connection is working fine. Weather foreccast, news and alll is working flawlessly.

Other thoughts so far:

1: i also have problems setting moving picture as standard when entering "videos" from the Aeon Home. Even when i disable My Videos (which i think is the standard movie display plugin), it is still showing up. But i guess there is another reason for that than moving pictures.

2: I've just seen: The rating from IMDB always shows 10 stars...

3: Is there any way to manually point the import tool to the right movie? Otherwise i would have to rename all folders i guess...

Thanks in advance,
    Felias

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well there are some disturbing issues with Moviebackdrops at the moments. It seems like the account has been disabled. Copyright issues?? Or maybe too much load on the server so they closed it???

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    No, look at pages 1 and 2 of this thread. They are apparently having issues with someone trying to scrape the site. Basically they have plenty of bandwidth to spare but can only get 400,000 hits per day. Somehow they are going over their limit. I spoke with one of the guys operating the site and helooked at the source code for Moving Pictures and agreed everything looked good and said he didnt think this plug-in was causing the issues. We only have something like 300-400 users right now anyway...

The second site posters.consumeroo.com it seems has changed their domain name and it looks like URLs aren't getting redirected correctly. I will try to release an updated version of the plug-in later today to fix this.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    It looks like posters.consumeroo.com is having problems today too. I am going to hold off on releasing a fix. Sorry guys looks like backdrop support is not working today. :(

Felias

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    fforde: no problem at all, i'm even a bit glad it wasn't a fault on my side :)

What about 2. and 3.? Any ideas on this? I'm not sure if these are bugs, if so i can gladly enter them into the bugtracking process.

Just a though: Both pages suddenly crashed on the day of your release? Could this really be just a coincidence?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom