Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero9

Portal Member
March 9, 2008
just installed mp version 1
copied my databse backup
and now im running moving pictures
this time its faster but im far away from the 5 minutes
i guess it will take about 30-40min

but it's ok atleast i have a chance to try it out now

4hours + for 150movies was just .... AAAAARGH

fairchild

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
09-Sep-2008 21:51:14 Error [ DBImportPath]: Error scanning Z:\Movies

Does it work with Mapped network drives? I dont have visual studio installed on this machine so i cant check if filewatcher works on mapped network drives

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have tested it on mapped network drives, the file system watcher should work fine. Was there no exception in your log? For that error it should log the error message as well as the exception that was caught.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
just installed mp version 1
copied my databse backup
and now im running moving pictures
this time its faster but im far away from the 5 minutes
i guess it will take about 30-40min

but it's ok atleast i have a chance to try it out now

4hours + for 150movies was just .... AAAAARGH

Something is definitely wrong.
It shouldn't take that long.
The scanner is fast it identifies all of my 270+ movies in a few minutes.
Most of them are matched correctly and after that when i match the others i believe it takes a few more minutes to download metada, coverarts and backdrops for the movies.

But 4 hours is way to much

09-Sep-2008 21:51:14 Error [ DBImportPath]: Error scanning Z:\Movies

Does it work with Mapped network drives? I dont have visual studio installed on this machine so i cant check if filewatcher works on mapped network drives

It works perfectly fine.
I have all my movies on my file server and i access them from my HTPC using windows mapped network drives.
No problems at all and the scanner speed is fast as well.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I too have all my movies on a (win xp sp3) file server which my media pc (also xp sp3) has mapped to Z: drive.

all my movies are in individual folders, and when i try to scan z: nothing comes up, however if i scan z:/10000 BC i get a result instantly.

i put this down to the fact that i'm only running RC2 without any svn's if i'm wrong i hope the info helps.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
I too have all my movies on a (win xp sp3) file server which my media pc (also xp sp3) has mapped to Z: drive.

all my movies are in individual folders, and when i try to scan z: nothing comes up, however if i scan z:/10000 BC i get a result instantly.

i put this down to the fact that i'm only running RC2 without any svn's if i'm wrong i hope the info helps.

My Server is Win2003 and my HTPC is WinXP SP3.

I have my map drive at M: and then as you said all movies on individual folders.

However all of my movies are identified.

Maybe try a different letter???

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i just tried changing my drive to m, didn't work, restarted and re-tried just incase, still didn't work.

setting to m:/28 days later got an instant responce though.

fairchild

Portal Member
August 2, 2006

ok good im not alone

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Scanning the root of the drive usually causes you troubles with hidden+system "System Volume Information".
    I recommed moving your file to something like z:\media\, and pointing plugin there, that will save you hassle in future.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Scanning the root of the drive usually causes you troubles with hidden+system "System Volume Information".
    I recommed moving your file to something like z:\media\, and pointing plugin there, that will save you hassle in future.

That bug should be fixed and included in the latest release.

@omen and fairchild
    Do you think you guys could try reproducing the situation where it's not loading when you expect it to then save off your logs? You can post them in a new issue over on the issue tracker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom