Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's coming in the next release. See here. I think by default there will be IMDb, and OFDb importers for data and an impawards.com importer for cover-art. It will be scriptable though, so people can expand functionality as they see fit.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What about nicecovers.com? My experience is that they have some of the best covers around (unless you make your own or use sites such as R1DB.com). And they're all in the same size aswell I think.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hrmm, that does seem like a nice site, I have not come across them before. I am not sure what their deal is though. Is there an API? Are they fan supported? I don't see any upload forms or mention of an API or anything. It would not be hard to setup a scraper for it, but if their is an official API I would much rather use that...

jiggsaw

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    Umm... are we not able to put our own backdrop images in the backdrop folder and get them to show? Or is that in a future release? We definitely need that. Especially since moviebackdrops.com is down and meligrove.com won't accept my uploads. I have no options right now. :(

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    To be honest I'm not sure how the site works for anything other then downloading. I just discovered them about a week ago and redownloaded covers for all my movies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Umm... are we not able to put our own backdrop images in the backdrop folder and get them to show? Or is that in a future release? We definitely need that. Especially since moviebackdrops.com is down and meligrove.com won't accept my uploads. I have no options right now. :(
    See this post.

jiggsaw

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    See this post.

Thanks. That's great.

Two questions though. Is there an easy way to scan for new movies? It seems like I always have to start from scratch. Also, are you going to add a feature to let us backup our db?

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    What about nicecovers.com? My experience is that they have some of the best covers around (unless you make your own or use sites such as R1DB.com). And they're all in the same size aswell I think.

That site has some really nice and exceptionally high quality CoverArts.

Nice one.

They have do have high res covearts and i believe they should have some kind of an API since on their main heading they say that they use them for HTPC Apps.

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i have found a bug today with the local coverarts.

if you load a coverart in the db from your local drive into movie a lets say and then you go to movie b and try to load the cover art and click cancel on the dialog box the previously loaded cover art from movie a gets loaded into movie b.

Felias

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Two questions though. Is there an easy way to scan for new movies? It seems like I always have to start from scratch. Also, are you going to add a feature to let us backup our db?

Well, one of the major advantages of MovingPictures is the auto-scan of your folders. Any folder you added in the configuration will be scanned automatically (cover, backdrop, ... added as well).

Works like a charm here :)

One thing i would really love: A solution for having a multi-client environment. I have 1 linux-server with all the media, and 2 clients that are streaming this info. I don't want to add individual stuff on both clients... Sure, adding the data to online-DBs helps, but still it isn't completely satisfying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom