Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.5 Stable Available

Moving Pictures 1.0.5 Stable is now available.

And if you find any problems, try to first see if they are not already known.

Google Code is the place that is used to keep track of development: Issues in order of ID.

Use the 'search' option to locate based on simple keywords, try a few different searches before giving up.

If you can not find anything related, then please open a new Google SVN issue, and attach the log files (in debug mode), so that the issue is clear to the developers.

You can still use the forum, but keep in mind that things could get lost then.

Enjoy v1.0

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.5 Stable Available

Are there fixes which did not find it's way into the stable release?

Take a look here.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.5 Stable Available

Take a look here.

One of the reason it has taken this long for v1.0 Stable to be released (aside from real-life, work, etc) is because there was always something else to be added. Eventually what is called a feature-freeze has to be done to make sure something can get released. This is when nothing new gets added and the focus lies on fixing the main bugs that cause crashes or weird behaviour. Your 'bug' unfortunatly got caught in the middle, because if it was implemented then it would have required additional time to test to make sure nothing else breaks down, or it reveals another bug which then takes more time. And before you know it another year has passed :cool:

The developers are already working on v1.1, which I believe already has this fix included. I am sure the developers feel bad that this did not make it into v1.0 stable, because it will affect a lot of people who have Blu-Ray, but fear not, a public beta version of v1.1 should be available soon, or maybe a v1.0.6 version will be released.

Infact if you spend roughly 30minutes on reading the Wiki you can setup your own development configuration which will allow you to download the source code yourself (it is open source afterall) so you can compile your very own version. Today hopefully all the different versions will be merged together by the developers, so that all the fixes on v1.0 are added to the v1.1 trunk, but you can always do that manually as well. If you run into any troubles, jump on into the #moving-pictures IRC channel, just be patient for an answer because the developers can be asleep or at work depending on their schedule.

MovingPictures v1.1 will contain a major new function via MovingPictures Social, so the developers will need a lot of feedback and testing/bug-reports again.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.5 Stable Available

RoChess:

So this is not so good news, however thanks anyway for your answer.

As you said esp. this one will affect many people cause blu ray is getting more and more popular.
    I already have a build env. so it is no problem for me. The reason I asked is cause of the many
    others out there not able to bild their own versions.

Cheers.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.5 Stable Available

Take a look here.

Grubi, this is a bug I had no idea existed. I am sorry this is not fixed for you but we are not psychic , this issue has not been reported and is not listed in our bug tracker. :( I can tell you though that if this was resolved in 1.0.4.1096 as is mentioned in the thread you linked, the fix would be included in 1.0.5. But as I said this is not something I am aware of.

Can you please file a bug report for the problem? If something is not on our issue tracker it will either get lost or forgotten.

EDIT: I have gone ahead and created an issue in our bug tracker for this. If any of you have further feedback please post there.

EDIT: If you want to chat about this real time jump in our IRC channel.

djLyli

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2010
    Opole Lub.
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Hi guys I have to say I have a small problem set so that the information I downloaded a movie from filmwebu and is ok but the backdrop of themoviedb.org not why.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Hi guys I have to say I have a small problem set so that the information I downloaded a movie from filmwebu and is ok but the backdrop of themoviedb.org not why.

This is because themoviedb.org requires a IMDb ID to accurately lookup backdrops. For some data sources like OFDb it is possible to acquire the IMDb ID. For others like FilmWeb, this information is not available. I will talk to the FilmWeb script writer to see if there is any way to add this. For the time being though i would just recommend importing everything first from IMDb. Then go into the Movie Manager, highlight all the movies in your list, click the drop down arrow on the "Refresh" button and click "Update movies from Filmweb.pl" This will esentially grab an IMDb ID and backdrop for all your movies, then send them back to the importer to get new details from filmweb.pl.

I hope this helps.

djLyli

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2010
    Opole Lub.
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Thanks. This way of working

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.6 Stable Available

Just made a minor update. New version is Moving Pictures 1.0.6. This includes a fix for full screen playback of BluRay content. There are no other changes so if you do not watch BluRay movies there is no need to update.

Download

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom