Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for the new build. I see you were even able to integrate issue #689 in revision 999 which I reported very recent.

Speaking of that, it might help others to know about the existence of:

r1002 - moving-pictures - Project Hosting on Google Code to mark the tag for 1.0.1 release.

For some reason the revision list was easier for me to navigate and understand all the changes, then the changelog itself.

On scrolling the revision log, I noticed issue #653 was fixed in revision 996, which looks to be the same bug I reported to you earlier today in regards to the "Deep Throat [1972] ....MP2.avi" filename. Or were you already using a build including that fix when you tested my filename+NFO problem yourself? I'm waiting on wife to finish a movie, so I can test this new version and report back to ya in that bug thread.

The last tag I had saved as bookmark was for v1.0.0 beta @ r952 - moving-pictures - Project Hosting on Google Code so you guys been working hard towards a stable v1.0.x release, 50 fixes in such a short time is impressive :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    On scrolling the revision log, I noticed issue #653 was fixed in revision 996, which looks to be the same bug I reported to you earlier today in regards to the "Deep Throat [1972] ....MP2.avi" filename.
    Similar but unrelated issues. Your issue is with the NFO prescanner (not yet resolved). The fix that is already in is for the XBMC scraper. If you want a more detailed explanation, post in the thread you already created for the bug and I will describe there.

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tnx for the new beta's! Like the new features :)

a thingie i noticed is that MP wants to load the fanart and movieposter from every movie i pass when i scroll the movielist. This causes MP to slow the scrolling considerably. I think this is not resolved by increasing the load fanart delay because MP want to load them all and not skip the ones that are passed when scrolling.
    In 0.7.5 i did not notice this, is this 'new' or am i missing something?

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    - is there a way I can use the filters to view via file type? (ie Sometimes I may want to find which movies I have in HD, which are .mkv, the rest are xvid).

You can create an empty category called mkv, and use the filter [FullPath] [ends with] [.mkv]

Also if what you're really looking for is HD movies, you can use the Video Resolution in your filter.

- is the date created filter by the time/date it was added to the database, or the time/date it was created on disk.
    This is configurable. Under Advanced Settings, look for "Date Added" population method. The options are created, modified, or current. ("Current" means the date the movie was imported by moving pictures). Note that changes to this setting only affect new movies going forward. No previously imported movies will be changed.

sover

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi. How to do the Genres -> default section of movingPictures. Or how to hide all categories except Genres?
    i want to press Moving Pictures icon in home menu and straight go to genres category.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    a thingie i noticed is that MP wants to load the fanart and movieposter from every movie i pass when i scroll the movielist. This causes MP to slow the scrolling considerably. I think this is not resolved by increasing the load fanart delay because MP want to load them all and not skip the ones that are passed when scrolling.

Well there actually a few changes made to the background logic to fix a bug when no backdrop would display in some situations. Its possible something got messed up. I will take a look. Anyone else noticing issues with this?

Hi. How to do the Genres -> default section of movingPictures. Or how to hide all categories except Genres?
    i want to press Moving Pictures icon in home menu and straight go to genres category.
    You can modify the Categories menu from the config screen (there is a button to launch the menu editor from the GUI Settings tab). The catch here is that the Genres node is a dynamic category meaning that the subitems are created as needed when you add new movies to your database. The issue is you can not make the top level of your menu tree a dynamic category.

So if you are determined to do what you are describing here is the work around:

1) Open the Menu Editor for Categories.
    2) Delete all nodes in the menu tree except for the Genres node and it's children.
    3) Click the Genres node, then click the gear toolstrip button, then click "Convert to Regular menu Item".
    4) Drag and drop all the subnodes under Genres to the top level.
    5) Once you have moved all the subnodes and Genres is empty, delete it.
    6) Enjoy.

The only downside to this is new nodes will not be dynamically added. So for example when you add your first musical to your collection, the "Musicals" category will not be automatically created.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No worries, I'm already impressed at the speed you guys currently achieve. So which version is going to become the new stable? I thought that was supposed to be v1.0.1, so is that now v1.0.2? Or is it one of those "it is done when it is done" deals?

Is is possible to compile the SVN with free software?, and is there by any change an easy guide with all the instructions? I don't mind waiting for you guys to tag and compile, but figured I could do more beneficial beta testing if I could stay current to the latest revision.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    We are working towards a Stable version of 1.0, and it is just an iterative process. If we have all the critical issues resolved in our next release we will probably call it RC1 and if nothing major is found, the same release will be retagged 1.0 Stable. That is the current plan anyway.

As for building SVN versions, yes it is possible and if you are interested you can review the developers guide on our Wiki. Keep in mind though the guide assumes a certain level of technical proficiency. We also would rather you not ask for compilation help on the forums here, although if you are having trouble you are free to ask for help in the IRC channel if someone is willing.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tnx for the new beta's! Like the new features :)

I agree with you... Mediaportal (Moving Pictures) Is extemely slow when scrolling fast....
    It should not load fanart when scrolling fast... And only load coverart... When you stop the fast scrolling, and scrolling slow.. It should load the fanart again..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom