Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 2 Available

i dont know if this is a performance issue....

when i enter moving pictures, the list is created several times. this means that if i start scrolling down through movies, moving pictures starts listing again and the cursor gets on the middle of the list.

this is done several times.

why could this be happening?

update of the movies??? autoapprove happening maybe?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

when i enter moving pictures, the list is created several times. this means that if i start scrolling down through movies, moving pictures starts listing again and the cursor gets on the middle of the list.

Increase the backdrop delay load timer. See if that helps. You can also try my 'thumbs' folder reduction script (link in bottom of FAQ).

And yes, if you got movies getting auto-approved in the background, the GUI gets a forced refresh to insert the new movie.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Increase the backdrop delay load timer. See if that helps. You can also try my 'thumbs' folder reduction script (link in bottom of FAQ).

And yes, if you got movies getting auto-approved in the background, the GUI gets a forced refresh to insert the new movie.

thanks i will try that this weekend to see if it helps, thanks !!

DanielUrban

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 2 Available

Hello, I have changed to the 1.0 Beta 2, it looks fantastic. I have converted my database of over 2000 DVDs from 0.75 to the new Version, but I have a big problem with the speed. If I go in All Films I have to wait about 2 Minutes, to all films loaded. When I go into the details of a Movie and then back to the list, I have to wait about 2 minutes, too. What can I do?

Thanks Daniel

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 2 Available

Hello, I have changed to the 1.0 Beta 2, it looks fantastic. I have converted my database of over 2000 DVDs from 0.75 to the new Version, but I have a big problem with the speed. If I go in All Films I have to wait about 2 Minutes, to all films loaded. When I go into the details of a Movie and then back to the list, I have to wait about 2 minutes, too. What can I do?

Thanks Daniel

What are the computer system specs that MediaPortal runs on? Specifically the OS (Windows version, Service Pack), CPU (Model, Single/Dual/???-core, Speed ??Ghz), Memory (Size ??GB, Speed), and GPU (Model, Driver version used). You don't need to provide everything, but the more you specify, the easier it is to see if your computer is possibly underpowered.

I've got a Vista SP2 64-bit box with AMD BE-2400 (2.1Ghz dual-core), 2GB (DDR2-800), HD4350 (Catalyst v10.1) myself, and it runs extremly smooth for me (with a larger collection then yours). Of course there is the initial load delay of around 5 seconds when all the skin properties are loaded and the dynamic categories are created for the first time, but this is all cached, so I've never experienced any delay returning to a list as you indicated.

I did when I enabled for example the dynamic actor category, did you perhaps do something like that? On a large collection that leads to such an incredible amount of database rows, that the delays mount up extremly fast. This will be optimized into MovingPictures v1.1 (or later), but for now you will either have to suffer with delays or disable such categories.

DanielUrban

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 2 Available

Thanks Daniel

What are the computer system specs that MediaPortal runs on? Specifically the OS (Windows version, Service Pack), CPU (Model, Single/Dual/???-core, Speed ??Ghz), Memory (Size ??GB, Speed), and GPU (Model, Driver version used). You don't need to provide everything, but the more you specify, the easier it is to see if your computer is possibly underpowered.

I've got a Vista SP2 64-bit box with AMD BE-2400 (2.1Ghz dual-core), 2GB (DDR2-800), HD4350 (Catalyst v10.1) myself, and it runs extremly smooth for me (with a larger collection then yours). Of course there is the initial load delay of around 5 seconds when all the skin properties are loaded and the dynamic categories are created for the first time, but this is all cached, so I've never experienced any delay returning to a list as you indicated.

I did when I enabled for example the dynamic actor category, did you perhaps do something like that? On a large collection that leads to such an incredible amount of database rows, that the delays mount up extremly fast. This will be optimized into MovingPictures v1.1 (or later), but for now you will either have to suffer with delays or disable such categories.

Hi, see at "my system" at the left side. I use a Server / Client Installation with the latet SVN.

Daniel

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 2 Available

Hi, see at "my system" at the left side. I use a Server / Client Installation with the latet SVN.

System specs are more then sufficient, so it is either MediaPortal v1.1 SVN (I run v1.0.2 stable myself), or more then likely your server/client setup. Backup what you have, do a clean install of MediaPortal v1.0.2 with MovPic v1.x beta and copy over the Moving Pictures database from your backup.

Then do a quick test to see if problem still exist, and please report. It is important for the developers to know what is causing these problems, so without debug logs, or good/bad comparison scenarios, it would be finding a needle in a haystack.

All I can say is that, with a slower computer, but with MediaPortal v1.0.2 and MovingPictures beta2 (as well as SVN build), it works super fast for me, so you clearly have a problem due to your configuration, and you will have to figure out what it is. Once you do, and provide repeatable steps or debug logs to developers, then they can work on a solution that will benefit more. And if it's something in your setup, at least explain steps you took to solve it, as those might benefit somebody as well.

PS: Windows 7 is not supported yet by MediaPortal, it should work (and it does), but be sure you follow Microsoft guidelines.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    NEW: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 3 Available

Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 3 is now available. This release is focused on bug fixes and the major changes include fixes for artwork downloading and Bluray support. This release is highly recommended for anyone currently running Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 2. A full list of changes can be found on our wiki.

Please feel free to post comments and questions in this thread. If however you have a bug to report please post on our issue tracker. If you post a bug report in the forum we will make every attempt to keep track of and respond to it, but priority will be given to bugs filed in our issue tracker.

Download

NOTE: Because of a MediaPortal issue with graphics caching, on initial launch Moving Pictures will convert in the background any existing cover art and backdrops in the PNG file format to JPG. This can take a little bit of time and artwork for movies not yet processed will not display. Please be patient. After leaving the program open for a few minutes, all artwork should be processed and all artwork will display as normal.

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: NEW: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 3 Available

AWESOME!! Thanks for your great work. Looks like there is no sleep for me tonight :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: NEW: Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta 3 Available

And for those people who prefer the ZIP method of installation.

Direct link to download: http://moving-pictures.googlecode.com/files/moving-pictures-1.0.2.zip

For everybody that used the 'thumbs' reduction script from the FAQ, almost everything has been build into this beta3 version. There is still some usage for the reduction script, so I'll reword the FAQ and the thread in question to explain that in more detail. I'm first going to be busy testing all the changes that were made, to make sure they all work properly, and I hope more of you will join us in that effort, to squash any bugs that are left, or possibly find new ones.

Please go over all the open issues and see if perhaps you can verify it is fixed, or provide debug log files that will allow the developers to finally fix those problems for good. Then v1.0 stable will be here soon :D

Sorted on MileStone: Moving Pictures open issues

Pay attention to the v1.0.2 and v1.0.3 ones, especially the critical ones, being issue #707 and #616. There is no need to repeat what they already know (so read the entire issue threads first), but if you are able to run multiple different scenarios and one of them doesn't show the problem, then it is extremly helpful if you explain all that (and providing log files), so the developers can go straight to the problem, and not the needle in the haystack ordeal.

Use websites such as paste2.org or simply attach your log files and any other files (screenshots maybe) that might explain things easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom