Moving Pictures 1.0 (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Ive been having a bit of a play around with the skin, and it is possible to get it running by copying the moving picture xml files over from blue3wide, however it still needs quite a bit of tweeking before it will look as nice.

blue3wide for example has a nice background fanart overlay fade towards the bottom of the screen so that the movie description can be read properly:

22253.jpg

22254.jpg

Dave, just to add, ive had a bit of a dig around and it looks like the fade doesnt work very well because the filmstrip_overlay.png file in the Media folder needs to be made a bit darker. A mainoverlay.png file needs to be created as well for the main moving pictures screen to work properly.

hope this helps, i may get on and tweek the parts needed if you like?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
....Dave, just to add, ive had a bit of a dig around and it looks like the fade doesnt work very well because the filmstrip_overlay.png file in the Media folder needs to be made a bit darker. A mainoverlay.png file needs to be created as well for the main moving pictures screen to work properly.

hope this helps, i may get on and tweek the parts needed if you like?

@ eetaylog & Spaldo: Good to see you guys are still around :D Thanks for the PM heads up on the release too Spaldo - fforde gave me a link a couple of days ago but I don't seem to have too much spare time at the moment so I haven't had a chance to have a look :(

@ eetaylog: Mate, feel free to skin this thing! that would be great :) One thing that needs sorting is the "viewed/not viewed" graphic (as you can see in your screenshots). I've been meaning to do this for ages (I'm surprised no one has complained :D ) so don't forget to put that on the list :D

Cheers guys

Dave

P.S. Did you see that we've gone past the 20,000 downloads? I say "we" because the ideas and plugin support requests from everyone that has posted here, especially early on helped the skin develop past where I would've taken it on my own :D It was about this time last year I that I released the first versions of the skin - kinda wish I'd put some more thought into the name of it now but never mind! :D Plus if I'd known how much it would cost me in lost productivity (roughly $20,000 which coincidently is around $1/download!) I might not have gone down the skinning track, but what's done is done and I've enjoyed the challenge (for the most part) so far :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All

The attached files should get MovingPictures up and running for you - hopefully I haven't left anything out - I've been going backwards and forwards between my laptop (test setup) and my HTPC trying to get it sorted and it's nearly 1am so that's enough MediaPortal for me for today...

Bleazle.

Attachments

• MovingPictures 1 BleazleWide.zip
    30.7 KB

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How about categories.
    Like this!

Just like to say I have not tried your MovingPictures 1 BleazleWide.zip as of yet I did this a few of days ago but because I have edited your skin so much I didn't share.
    I know you are a busy guy, we appreciate your efforts for sure and I didn't want to bug you for an update!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep it still needs work but I figured it would do for now. Currently tidying it up and making some long over due changes to the skin - hopefully I'll get a new version out before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom