Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi everyone, I added a new movie folder to the movie share on my NAS but movpic can't find it. All the other 655 movies have imported perfectly but this one does not appear no matter how many rescans or unignores I do. Has anyone had this situation? Do I need to hack the DB to remove an ignore flag perhaps?:confused:
Regards Ian

I've seen this issue before. I've found that if I move the folder to a new location (not scanned by Moving Pictures), re-run the importer, close Mediaportal config, copy the folder BACK to the movies folder, and then re-run the importer for a second time, the movie shows up. I'm not sure what causes this issue, but this fix always works.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Some movies are named inappropriately as "IMDB - Movie Title".

I had this too on a full rescan When I upgraded my HDD... I thought it was an IMDB naming change.

IMDb.com changed the way the titles are displayed on some of their load balanced servers. This is why it doesn't change for every movie, but more and more are eventually going towards that naming scheme. The " - IMDb" used to be at the end, and now it is "IMDb - " at the front.

To compensate for that the scraper script that reads the HTML code to actually import the movie has to be adjusted. You can manually update any scraper, and new versions are released on the MovingPictures Google Code project site, and usually get bundled in a new version of the plugin when that one gets updated.

So you can:

• Update the default imdb.com scraper to a version that corrects the problem
    • Change to a different default scraper that does not suffer from the problem, for example TheMovieDb one.
    • Switch to an alternative scraper, such as the IMDb+ scraper for English or FilmInfo+ for German that both offer many other benefits. Instructions on how to install those are provided on their respective threads. On the IMDb+ page I also explain the steps required to make it work for an existing collection, so that you do not have to start over. An easy MPEI package should be done soon as well.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks RoChess! The IMDB+ scraper looks really interesting. I've wanted a way to force English movie titles, and the grouping of sequels would also be useful. BTW, I checked the Moving Pictures bug trakcer and it appears the latest default IMDB scraper still has the issue.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

Here is an up-to-date Dutch language file.

The only difference is that I have added the translation for: "Scan for new movies"

Best regards,

Marcel

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    One feature I've really wanted in Moving Pictures is an on-screen keyboard to search for movies. The one in Windows Media Center works well, and I think this would make finding a specific movie a lot easier than using the remote shortcuts which I can never seem to figure out. This was mentioned a while back by one of the developers. Is it on the roadmap?

:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Search is coming in the next major release and is already partially coded.

If anyone is curious, I built a tester app to experiment with different search algorithms and search categories. Obviously the final search will be in the MediaPortal GUI but this gives an idea of the functionality. To work it must be run on a machine with Moving Pictures installed. Also feedback is welcome but I am providing it as is, use at your own risk.

dietbutcher

Portal Member
    February 4, 2007
    I wanted to check to see if there still was any plans to restructure the database to improve loading times for large collections when dynamic actors and directors are added? Currently its taking over 10 minutes on load where it says "Updating Categories Menu" This is for a collection of about 2350 Movies.

Thanks to the team for all their hard work on this plugin.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I wanted to check to see if there still was any plans to restructure the database to improve loading times for large collections when dynamic actors and directors are added? Currently its taking over 10 minutes on load where it says "Updating Categories Menu" This is for a collection of about 2350 Movies.

Thanks to the team for all their hard work on this plugin.

I am aware very large dynamic categories have some performance issues and I would like to improve things. Everything takes time though and we have to prioritize.

Side note though, I don't think the issue is the database structure, pretty sure it's the logic to populate / update the dynamic categories.

dietbutcher

Portal Member
    February 4, 2007
    Great thanks for your response, I think you are right the logs show it trying to perform inserts when it is doing that loading. I don't see this issue in the Bug Tracker, would it be helpful for me to add it so other users can vote and comment on it as well?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fantastic piece of software. I love having all my films available at the touch of a button and with the new IMDB+ scraper, its even better. The one thing I hate, having to go into MP Config/Plugins?Moving-Pictures everytime I want to add new films. Are there plans to do the same as My TV Series have done and put an icon on the desktop that goes straight to Moving Pictures?

Keep up the good work guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom