Moving Pictures 1.4: Movie Manager Filtering (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm not sure if this belongs here or not. Is it possible to view a custom category by year? For example I have a custom category for Charlie Chaplin, when I click on it I would like to view by year for example 1910's 1920's 1930's etc.. I'm pretty sure I was able to do this before the upgrade to 1.4. Please let me know as this would be very useful :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ yes above is possible, just add dynamic menu item for year, then rename to charlie chaplin then add filter to the dynamic category so it only displays chaplin.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fantastic app that is at the core of what makes MP so great.

Can I ask a dumb question? Is is possible to search for a movie using T9 style texting on the remote control? If so, how is this feature turned on?

Many thanks,
    ay129

Last edited:

Pontus Berg

June 10, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's preaching for the church choir, but I do appreciate Moving Pictures A LOT! Thanks for the massive amount of great work.

Some wishes (not requests - only humble wishes!):

• The TV series plugin can be started without starting the configuration program. I would want the same for Moving Pictures.
    • I have several instances of Media Portal in the home and manually adding the film data in all locations is really tedious, an I have two wishes (possibly optional)
      • Would it be possible to store a copy of the database for a given path by the root of that path. That way it could be picked up by another instance using the same path.
      • Would it be possible to implement a renamer? Once the proper film is identified it would be swell if the directory and film file could be properly renamed. I would assume the tricky part is the identification. Renaming, using a given name and relevant data, should be a lot easier, isn't it?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    • I have several instances of Media Portal in the home and manually adding the film data in all locations is really tedious, an I have two wishes (possibly optional)
      • Would it be possible to store a copy of the database for a given path by the root of that path. That way it could be picked up by another instance using the same path.
      • Would it be possible to implement a renamer? Once the proper film is identified it would be swell if the directory and film file could be properly renamed. I would assume the tricky part is the identification. Renaming, using a given name and relevant data, should be a lot easier, isn't it?

Both these features are already available, please check the moving pictures wiki

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    • The TV series plugin can be started without starting the configuration program. I would want the same for Moving Pictures.

Search forum for PluginConfigLoader, on one post I attached zip file containing 64-bit fix, but it also contains Batch scripts to launch MovPic config direct. It also has one for MP-TVSeries, but that was for a time there was no shortcut the way there is now. Both shortcuts are 32+64-bit compatible and prevent config from getting launched accidently with MediaPortal still running (database corruption occurs then).

Enjoy.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I Can't find The file formats/ekstensions that moving pictures recognizes? It seems to only find my mkvs?

I have mkv's, dvd iso's, dvd video_ts file structure, Blu-ray iso's and in file structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom