Moving Pictures 1.5: Now with GUI Importer

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by fforde, February 10, 2013.

1. fforde

fforde Community Plugin Dev

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Moving Pictures 1.5.1 Stable
    Donate to Help Support Continued Development

Moving Pictures is a movie management plug-in that focuses on both versatility and ease of use. Moving Pictures does it's best to load your movie collection as quickly as possible with very little user interaction and it then provides an easy to use but highly customizable interface to browse your movie collection.

If you have found a bug or have a question about specific Moving Pictures functionality please consider opening a new thread so others with the same thoughts can more easily find the conversation.

Download
    Change Log

Wiki / User's Guide
    Project Page
    Skin Designer's Guide
    Developer's Guide

In GUI Importer
    The big new feature in this release is the in GUI importer. This means that when a movie does not auto approve you no longer have to exit to the config. This feature is accessible from the context menu (F9) and on all skins I have seen so far, on the slide out menu as well. Thank you to Edalex for getting the ball rolling on this.

Because this is a new feature some skins do not yet support the in GUI importer. Please be patient with the designer's of your favorite skins, what they do is difficult! Currently the plugin includes fully implemented Default and DefaultWide support created by Catavolt. If you are using MediaPortal 1.3, the latest version of Titan Extended also supports the new importer.

MPEI Support
    With this release we are finally distributing Moving Pictures with an MPEI installer. While the plugin is stable please consider the MPEI installer a beta, it has been subjected to a very limited amount of testing. If you have problems you can fall back to the regular installer. Please let us know how the new installer works for you though.

The current MPEI installer is actually a wrapper for our old installer. This has some limitations and we will be addressing them in a future release. But the in GUI Importer is an exciting new feature that is ready to be shipped, so I decided that we would do this initial release and improve things over time. Again please let us know how the new MPEI installer works for you.

Tweaks
    We have made a few additional minor changes, the Finish translation has been updated by Kui. A minor bug with unignoring movies is now corrected. The look of the config importer has been improved a bit as well. By and large though this is an in GUI importer and MPEI release.

screen-01.jpg screen-02.jpg screen-03.jpg screen-04.jpg screen-05.jpg screen-06.jpg

Last edited: February 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 36
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. emphatic
    • Team MediaPortal

emphatic Design Group

Surface treatment
    Ratings:
    +1,083 / 2
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Awesome, congrats on getting this out!

Emph

• Like Like x 1
  4. powermarcel10
    • Premium Supporter

powermarcel10 Retired Team Member

Callcenter Agent
    Ratings:
    +1,028 / 4
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Awesome! Thank you very much for this awesome piece of software.. It's for me THE number one plugin for Mediaportal!

And remember, if you need a Dutch translator for this, I like to help!

• Like Like x 1
  5. TiboTv

TiboTv Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    Just tested and everything works fine with Titan! Great job you did guys! That was the only missing part of this great plugin!

6. nicsergio
    • Premium Supporter

nicsergio MP Donator

Ratings:
    +113 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    hello all
    I also updated to Moving Pictures V1.5 with MePo 1.3 RC: everything perfect.
    Great job, congratulations to the team! (y)(y)

If it can be useful, I revised and completed the Italian's translations..
    I have attached the file if you want to include it in a future release.

thank you!

Attached Files:

• it.xml
      File size:
      11.9 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 13, 2013
      Views:
  7. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi, thanks for the update. MPEI also installed fine here. 1.3RC.

8. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,402 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi there,

Update via MP extension installer was not possible on my installation. After downloading i got a message that i had to close mediaportal first. In other words I had to terminate the extension installer and launch the mpe file manually.

In the GUI when looking for the scraper I can't see the manually installed filminfo+. instead I only get the standard scraper selection with imdb etc to chose from.

Is there anything wrong with my whole setup?

Regards, HTPC-Sourcer

9. elliottmc
    • Premium Supporter

elliottmc Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,503 / 13
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I was just about to report the same.

Screenshot attached. I assume this is because it is trying to over-write the old version.

Attached Files:

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      File size:
      172.9 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 14, 2013
      Views:
  10. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    (reduced from IRC chat on this issue):

The current MPEI is simply a wrapper for the EXE installer. The problem is that ACL kicks in when the installer wants to place a file inside "Program Files" folder. This only works when elevated admin permission is enabled, and that is where the problem lies. The MediaPortal Extension Installer runs with elevated permissions, but does not launch the wrapped EXE with the same rights. Thus causing the EXE installer to fail when trying to write files to the "Program Files" folder. The normal cause for this error to appear is when MediaPortal is running, hence the error.

If you launch the MPE1 file by itself with elevated permissions, then it will work.

And the issue is known with developers and a 'true' MPEI version will be released next that no longer wraps the EXE installer, so everything will work as expected inside MPEI and via Extension plugin.

At least if you install the MPE1 manually this time, you will be alerted via MPEI/Extensions when this new version is released automatic, so there is still a benefit over using the EXE installer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,402 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Thanks RoChess,

I guess that both elliottmc and myself thought that the installation process is a standard one after having read earlier postings about successful installations.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!