Moving Pictures 1.5: Now with GUI Importer (2 Viewers)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Moving Pictures 1.5.1 Stable
Donate to Help Support Continued Development

Moving Pictures is a movie management plug-in that focuses on both versatility and ease of use. Moving Pictures does it's best to load your movie collection as quickly as possible with very little user interaction and it then provides an easy to use but highly customizable interface to browse your movie collection.

If you have found a bug or have a question about specific Moving Pictures functionality please consider opening a new thread so others with the same thoughts can more easily find the conversation.

Download
Change Log

Wiki / User's Guide
Project Page
Skin Designer's Guide
Developer's Guide

In GUI Importer
The big new feature in this release is the in GUI importer. This means that when a movie does not auto approve you no longer have to exit to the config. This feature is accessible from the context menu (F9) and on all skins I have seen so far, on the slide out menu as well. Thank you to Edalex for getting the ball rolling on this.

Because this is a new feature some skins do not yet support the in GUI importer. Please be patient with the designer's of your favorite skins, what they do is difficult! Currently the plugin includes fully implemented Default and DefaultWide support created by Catavolt. If you are using MediaPortal 1.3, the latest version of Titan Extended also supports the new importer.

MPEI Support
With this release we are finally distributing Moving Pictures with an MPEI installer. While the plugin is stable please consider the MPEI installer a beta, it has been subjected to a very limited amount of testing. If you have problems you can fall back to the regular installer. Please let us know how the new installer works for you though.

The current MPEI installer is actually a wrapper for our old installer. This has some limitations and we will be addressing them in a future release. But the in GUI Importer is an exciting new feature that is ready to be shipped, so I decided that we would do this initial release and improve things over time. Again please let us know how the new MPEI installer works for you.

Tweaks
We have made a few additional minor changes, the Finish translation has been updated by Kui. A minor bug with unignoring movies is now corrected. The look of the config importer has been improved a bit as well. By and large though this is an in GUI importer and MPEI release.

screen-01.jpg screen-02.jpg screen-03.jpg screen-04.jpg screen-05.jpg screen-06.jpg

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome! Thank you very much for this awesome piece of software.. It's for me THE number one plugin for Mediaportal!

And remember, if you need a Dutch translator for this, I like to help!

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just tested and everything works fine with Titan! Great job you did guys! That was the only missing part of this great plugin!

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hello all
    I also updated to Moving Pictures V1.5 with MePo 1.3 RC: everything perfect.
    Great job, congratulations to the team! (y)(y)

If it can be useful, I revised and completed the Italian's translations..
    I have attached the file if you want to include it in a future release.

thank you!

Attachments

• it.xml
      11.9 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

Update via MP extension installer was not possible on my installation. After downloading i got a message that i had to close mediaportal first. In other words I had to terminate the extension installer and launch the mpe file manually.

In the GUI when looking for the scraper I can't see the manually installed filminfo+. instead I only get the standard scraper selection with imdb etc to chose from.

Is there anything wrong with my whole setup?

Regards, HTPC-Sourcer

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Update via MP extension installer was not possible on my installation. After downloading i got a message that i had to close mediaportal first. In other words I had to terminate the extension installer and launch the mpe file manually.

In the GUI when looking for the scraper I can't see the manually installed filminfo+. instead I only get the standard scraper selection with imdb etc to chose from.

Is there anything wrong with my whole setup?

Regards, HTPC-Sourcer

I was just about to report the same.

Screenshot attached. I assume this is because it is trying to over-write the old version.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      172.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I assume this is because it is trying to over-write the old version.

(reduced from IRC chat on this issue):

The current MPEI is simply a wrapper for the EXE installer. The problem is that ACL kicks in when the installer wants to place a file inside "Program Files" folder. This only works when elevated admin permission is enabled, and that is where the problem lies. The MediaPortal Extension Installer runs with elevated permissions, but does not launch the wrapped EXE with the same rights. Thus causing the EXE installer to fail when trying to write files to the "Program Files" folder. The normal cause for this error to appear is when MediaPortal is running, hence the error.

If you launch the MPE1 file by itself with elevated permissions, then it will work.

And the issue is known with developers and a 'true' MPEI version will be released next that no longer wraps the EXE installer, so everything will work as expected inside MPEI and via Extension plugin.

At least if you install the MPE1 manually this time, you will be alerted via MPEI/Extensions when this new version is released automatic, so there is still a benefit over using the EXE installer.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks RoChess,

I guess that both elliottmc and myself thought that the installation process is a standard one after having read earlier postings about successful installations.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom