Moving Pictures 1.5: Now with GUI Importer (2 Viewers)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    2)I have some series of movies. like james bond, stargate, etc. I grouped them in a folder with that name e.g. "Stargate movies"
    is there a way I could use MP to only see the higher level first en then dig in to the folder to show the individual others files?
    IT is a popular request. To bring even more attention to it you could vote for this issue https://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/issues/detail?id=229

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    1) I have some movies consisting of two parts (2 MKV files) so I get two times the same movie in the list. How could I make moving pictures to just show 1 and let me play the movie?

Those movies were supposed to auto-group. This is done if the files are in the same folder and 'auto group files in same folder' setting is enabled in MovPic config. The other way to auto-group is when you have movie.title.cd1.mkv and movie.title.cd2.mkv. The CD1/CD2 are detected and the 2 files are imported as 1 movie. You can also group manually inside the MovPic config importer tab by selecting all files and using the green 'group' icon.

2)I have some series of movies. like james bond, stargate, etc. I grouped them in a folder with that name e.g. "Stargate movies" is there a way I could use MP to only see the higher level first en then dig in to the folder to show the individual others files?

Short answer to what you want is 'no', this feature is still open and has not yet been implemented.

Long answer is 'yes, but indirectly'. You can create custom categories to group those movies manually in a category named "James Bond". There is now also collection support that offers a way to get a dynamic category added, same way as 'Genres'. This requires an updated MovPic though that has not been released officially yet.

The IMDb+ scraper-script system offers you an indirect way to group them by renaming the titles during import, so they all 'go together'. Click the IMDb+ icon in my signature for more info. At the IMDb+ project site, I also offer an updated MovPic that supports release_date, collections and plot_keywords, but this is purely for testing purposes, as a new official MovPic should be due anytime now.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1) I have some movies consisting of two parts (2 MKV files) so I get two times the same movie in the list. How could I make moving pictures to just show 1 and let me play the movie?

You can also group manually inside the MovPic config importer tab by selecting all files and using the green 'group' icon.

uhh where do I find that button? I have PM1.5.1.1487
    I use the config in de mepo config plugins

Ahh This button is in the extension manager config... Now I found it but that is only under the importer I cannot join from the database?.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ahh This button is in the extension manager config... Now I found it but that is only under the importer I cannot join from the database?.

MovPic config -> "Movie Details" -> select movie -> switch to "File Details" via drop down box -> you can see the existing files that are grouped and you can adjust their order, but no you can not 'group' files there.

Select the multiple entries that got imported wrong, and "send them back to importer". Then switch to the importer tab and verify that they are getting 'grouped'.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok Got that send back to importer in config.
    STrange thing is that I have to do that entry by entry. I cannot select a few and then send back. (greyed out)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Best thing is to name them filename (cd1).ext or similar proper to adding to movie folder. As per rochess advice.

Last edited:

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Short answer to what you want is 'no', this feature is still open and has not yet been implemented.

Long answer is 'yes, but indirectly'. You can create custom categories to group those movies manually in a category named "James Bond".
    OK will that hide all the jamesbond tiltels in the main list?
    Because all these episodes/ continuing sequences build a long list.

There is now also collection support that offers a way to get a dynamic category added, same way as 'Genres'. This requires an updated MovPic though that has not been released officially yet.

The IMDb+ scraper-script system offers you an indirect way to group them by renaming the titles during import, so they all 'go together'. Click the IMDb+ icon in my signature for more info. At the IMDb+ project site, I also offer an updated MovPic that supports release_date, collections and plot_keywords, but this is purely for testing purposes, as a new official MovPic should be due anytime now.

The suggestion as in the voting treath on google https://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/issues/detail?id=229 looks very promising to me;)

IMDB+ script does not work here :confused: Missing template file?

Cheers,
    Bert

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Default renaming "template" auto downloaded so not missing. Check imdb+ wiki for initial setup and forcing existing movies to new scrape r and refreshing them. No option to hide series

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDB+ script does not work here :confused: Missing template file?

What skin are you using?

Default and DefaultWide are supported inside IMDb+ installer.

Titan Extended has support for IMDb+ build in
    StreamedMP has support build in
    aMPed has support build in
    many other skins might as well (forgot entire list).

Look for IMDb+.xml file in the skin folder, its only 1 file the IMDb+ plugin uses. If you can not find it, you can always copy the file from another skin folder that does. It might then not look the same, but it will still work (well that's the theory, if it fails, just temporary switch to another skin, you technically only have to configure the IMDb+ options once, after that it takes care of everything automatic).

The IMDb+ plugin needs serious updating, it contains an old IMDb+ scraper-script (the one that does the actual magic). It auto-updates itself, but not on installation. So install the MPEI first, then open MediaPortal GUI and wait like 10 seconds at the home screen, and then it is updated.

As for updating your existing collection, this is all explained in wiki (unfortunatly outdated screenshots, but you will get the idea if you read it over), use the hidden menu inside the IMDb+ plugin (GUI one) and select "Force IMDb+..." and it can convert all your existing movies over. Then you can do a mass-refresh on your existing collection, so that all the titles/data/info is updated with the IMDb+ scraper-script and should work.

And yes, that #229 issue needs to be implemented for all "James Bond" movies to be listed under a new submenu inside the 'All Movies' list, but at least with IMDb+ Quantum Solace is not under the 'Q' with Dr. No under the 'D's. They will all be under the "J" for "James Bond.......", which does at least make it a little easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom