Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (2 Viewers)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Works fine :D (click)

Just one question: is it possible to have an automated link to the movie's Moviemeter link instead of the IMDB one?

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Works fine :D (click)

Just one question: is it possible to have an automated link to the movie's Moviemeter link instead of the IMDB one?

Anything is possible. You would have to change the xml to a custom list (in the config) and you would have to change the xsl to reflect the different columns.

-LRFalk01

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
is it possible that the movie count is wrong (+1) ?
if i select a xpath expression that counts all <movie> tags than there is always one less than in your Stats.

My Movies
sorting and basic filtering(Case sensitive, for all movies starting with an a you need to use an capital A) are working (ofdb support is comming, not working right now)
have not done any fancy optical stuff ... coming

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Some Suggentions if you are planning to devolping this plugin further :)

@LRFalk01

Thanks for the

Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML Plugin and Usersguide

It works super in the last days :)

some suggenstions to users of the plugin

Some Suggentions if you are planning to devolping this plugin further :)

Maybe integrate in the program some example skin layouts,
so when it tranfers the xml file to html file it also creates different css and xsl files automaticly
that users have more designs like the current standard design.

Maybe also an option to add movies by hand for the users

Code:
so example : if you type in a text box   [B]Cloverfield  	2008  	|Action|Science-Fiction|Thriller|  	7.0  	PG-13  	85  	

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/[/B]

And then auto creates a new line in the table list :)

Add small cover thumbs option when you go over the selected movie that it popus a small cover thumb

Maybe users pan post example css and xsl files with different layouts,
like the layout of JoeSmith
so other people can use the css and xslfiles to create there lists.

Best Regards

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
@2: i'm not shure wheather adding files manually is a good idea (you could do that in MovingPictures ...)
@3: i thought about the pictures as well and a description of the movie so i tried some ajax stuff that dynamically loads the pictures and description from ofdb.de. I've got it finished for ~60%, the only problem right now is that firefox does not allow to use ajax on files that are on a different domain for security reasons, but i'm working on that. you can take a look (at a non working version) My Movies here. On IE it sometimes loads the info (always "Hitch" for testing). Of course you could always export the data from MovingPictures into the XML File, but that would make it a lot bigger. i'm not shure which way is better (aka always working ;-) )

Joe

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@2: i'm not shure wheather adding files manually is a good idea (you could do that in MovingPictures ...)
@3: i thought about the pictures as well and a description of the movie so i tried some ajax stuff that dynamically loads the pictures and description from ofdb.de. I've got it finished for ~60%, the only problem right now is that firefox does not allow to use ajax on files that are on a different domain for security reasons, but i'm working on that. you can take a look (at a non working version) My Movies here. On IE it sometimes loads the info (always "Hitch" for testing). Of course you could always export the data from MovingPictures into the XML File, but that would make it a lot bigger. i'm not shure which way is better (aka always working ;-) )

Joe

If you really want the thumbnails, you could curl them over to your web site. It also would not be a major challenge to just copy them from your htpc to your web site. You can just include a description of the movie in your xml.

-LRFalk01

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom