Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (1 Viewer)

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
@2: i'm not shure wheather adding files manually is a good idea (you could do that in MovingPictures ...)
@3: i thought about the pictures as well and a description of the movie so i tried some ajax stuff that dynamically loads the pictures and description from ofdb.de. I've got it finished for ~60%, the only problem right now is that firefox does not allow to use ajax on files that are on a different domain for security reasons, but i'm working on that. you can take a look (at a non working version) My Movies here. On IE it sometimes loads the info (always "Hitch" for testing). Of course you could always export the data from MovingPictures into the XML File, but that would make it a lot bigger. i'm not shure which way is better (aka always working ;-) )

Joe

@2 that was not my idea my idea was option to add movies in the list you dont have in mediaportal
so you can extend your moving pictures list with movies you have on cd or dvd lying around but that you dont want inside moving pictures so only in the list

@3 i just looked at your site how did you do the popup thcreen when i click on a movie name :) ?

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
I tried to save to my hard drive first but I didn't see index.html file created. Is it possible to save it in your local machine?

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I tried to save to my hard drive first but I didn't see index.html file created. Is it possible to save it in your local machine?
you have to provide the filename in the config of this plugin. It will btw create an xml file on a location specified by you.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
arryo, did you download the newest version of the plugin or use one you already had? There may be a bug in the plugin that actually makes the file a directory above from where you told it to save with the file name actually being {parentDirectory}{filename}

-LRFalk01

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
arryo, did you download the newest version of the plugin or use one you already had? There may be a bug in the plugin that actually makes the file a directory above from where you told it to save with the file name actually being {parentDirectory}{filename}

-LRFalk01

i think i downloaded the latest version (1.0.5)
Please have a look at my configuration if it's correct

3300561219_e257b674db_o.jpg

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
BTW I just installed this plugin and love it.....Just a note that you do not have to be running a web server or FTP server for this plugin to work. I have the plugin spitting out an index.html and I just have my web browser load the file to view it. Just make certain you put the extra files in the same directory where you create the index.html.

Awesome plugin btw...

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
You are correct; however, if you want anyone out of your network to be able to view this, it needs to be opened somehow.

-LRFalk01

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
My Movies[/URL] here. On IE it sometimes loads the info (always "Hitch" for testing). Of course you could always export the data from MovingPictures into the XML File, but that would make it a lot bigger. i'm not shure which way is better (aka always working ;-) )
Joe
Now this is beginning to look promising.
One Question: Why not just use the Covers and info we already have downloadet to Moving Pictures? This way, if we have chosen a good looking covers (different from standard) or changed something in the description, these changes would also appear on the Webpage.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
it would be much easier to just upload the pictures to a folder and display them.
the problem is :
-much more webspace is needed and the xml plugin would have to do some additional work

to make it look real nice you would also need to export the full description and all that stuff
the xml file would need to have the exact filename of the cover

i just wanted to do something that would work for everyone (and in the mean time i found out that that is maybe not possible due to the differences in ie and ff)

Maybe LRFalk01 can create an option to export the "important" (we should discuss which are important) to the xml and the covers to a sub folder.

edit : my cover folder is 76.1mb big - so i guess covers would have to be resized

---
important : title, year, runtime, cert, genre, description, alternate titles, actors, directors, writers, cover, ...?

the problem is that a too big xml file will need some time to be read by the browser ... maybe i will do some testing today

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
edit :
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ok, i've now copied a few images to my webspace and edited the xsl files and used a new "big" xml file that contains all information

Movie with covers, sortable, filterable, ....

notes :
1. i've just tested it in ff, so there might be some errors in ie :)
2. there are only covers for the movies starting with a number (aka first 8 movies)
3. this has not been formatted nicely and tuned for optics ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom