Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (1 Viewer)

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey JoeSmith,

It is generally not a good idea to have the browser do the xml transformation. It would be better to have this done via the plugin, or a web server. I am sure that you already know this and are just testing, but I wanted to make sure.

The plugin can export any part of the movie_info table that you want it to. I can explore using C# to resize images. It would not be overly difficult to have the plugin FTP them. Size would be the biggest problem.

I really like the work you are doing. Let me know what functionality you would like from the plugin and I will see what I can do to accommodate.

-LRFalk01

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
i know that and it's just for testing/showing, because i'm doing a lot of changes and testing and i don't wanna transform it all the time ...

it would be nice if you could store the coverpicture-filename in a new tag without the folder (i.e. just {DarkKnight}423423.jpg ), maybe <COVERNOPATH> or whatever you prefer.

First of all it would be nice if the plugin could collect all selected covers and output them to a special folder (i.e. \covers) or something like that. Maybe it should be up to the users to copy them to the ftp (because you would have to check file version (or dates) to see if the covers have changed etc. - you don't wanna copy them every time you upload the xml ...)

If someone wants to have smaller covers they can resize them (pretty easy with tools like xnview, ...)

greetings
Joe

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
I finally got it working. Great plugin indeed

One more question LRFalk01, how could I make the signature like yours?

My sig uses xml generated by the plug-in and PHP+GD. The source is below:

Signature Image Source

-LRFalk01

tell you the truth, I have no clue about it at all. If I just want the non image part (movie count, latest movie watched, etc) What should I do?

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
it would be much easier to just upload the pictures to a folder and display them.
the problem is :
-much more webspace is needed and the xml plugin would have to do some additional work

to make it look real nice you would also need to export the full description and all that stuff
the xml file would need to have the exact filename of the cover

i just wanted to do something that would work for everyone (and in the mean time i found out that that is maybe not possible due to the differences in ie and ff)

Maybe LRFalk01 can create an option to export the "important" (we should discuss which are important) to the xml and the covers to a sub folder.

edit : my cover folder is 76.1mb big - so i guess covers would have to be resized

---
important : title, year, runtime, cert, genre, description, alternate titles, actors, directors, writers, cover, ...?

the problem is that a too big xml file will need some time to be read by the browser ... maybe i will do some testing today

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
edit :
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ok, i've now copied a few images to my webspace and edited the xsl files and used a new "big" xml file that contains all information

Movie with covers, sortable, filterable, ....

notes :
1. i've just tested it in ff, so there might be some errors in ie :)
2. there are only covers for the movies starting with a number (aka first 8 movies)
3. this has not been formatted nicely and tuned for optics ;-)

I love what you ve done so far. I dont really need the cover, but i really like your layout. Could you share it?

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
I know it might be a long way to go , but do you think we might be able to achive something like what you can have with an ant movie catalog?
here s an example

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This thing is very cool. Thanks so much. The possibilities are awesome too. Since lots of other people are dreaming here, I'll throw one out too. I think it would be awesome to also generate pages for the music db and the my tv series db.

Thanks again.

Cruzer

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This thing is very cool. Thanks so much. The possibilities are awesome too. Since lots of other people are dreaming here, I'll throw one out too. I think it would be awesome to also generate pages for the music db and the my tv series db.

Thanks again.

Cruzer
I agree. Only on the TVseries DB since I don't use music, but that's beside the point. I guess these are the 3 main uses of MP and it would be cool if it was possible to acces all of them from a webinterface (later becoming a streaming-webinterface - my plan is coming together, muahaha).

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I know it might be a long way to go , but do you think we might be able to achive something like what you can have with an ant movie catalog?
here s an example

This was really cool and would be a very nice way to show people (and yourself) your movie collection.

All the information here are (or will be) included in the database so it should at least in theory be possible I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom