Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Skin files for Monochrome

Hi fforde,

Here are the skin files for Monochrome too...

Attachments

• Moving Pictures - List.jpg
      Moving Pictures - List.jpg
      241.8 KB
    • Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg
      Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg
      345.4 KB
    • Moving Pictures - Large Thumbs.jpg
      Moving Pictures - Large Thumbs.jpg
      282.4 KB
    • Moving Pictures - Filmstrip.jpg
      Moving Pictures - Filmstrip.jpg
      289.4 KB
    • Moving Pictures - Details.jpg
      Moving Pictures - Details.jpg
      255.8 KB

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi fforde,

Here are the skin files for Monochrome too...
    That does look fantastic!

Now I have RC3 running reliably (who would have though a weak DVB-T signal would cause so many problems?) I really need to get Moving Pictures set up and play around with some skins.

Good work chaps :)

nightfox89

Portal Member
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I checked the issue list on google, and it I noticed that there was only one other open issue. Does this mean that we can expect the next version very soon?

Looking forward to it :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Absolutely, thanks Catavolt, Psycho Reptile! I will get both included in the next release.

Nordby2321

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Home Country
    This may be a stupid question, I dunno, but does this plugin only recognize dvd rips this way or will it work with my .avi files in the same way

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I checked the issue list on google, and it I noticed that there was only one other open issue. Does this mean that we can expect the next version very soon?

Looking forward to it :D

An Alpha will goto our test-team tonight and I will work on packaging everything up while they test it. Expect something later this week though.

This may be a stupid question, I dunno, but does this plugin only recognize dvd rips this way or will it work with my .avi files in the same way

Yep, the plug-in works for just about any type of video format that can be played in MediaPortal.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    How does the DVD function works? I mean, if i have a movie inserted in the DVD tray.... will moving pictures finding it then and showing it just like all other movies?

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    How does the DVD function works? I mean, if i have a movie inserted in the DVD tray.... will moving pictures finding it then and showing it just like all other movies?

I believe that's a function of media portal, not moving pictures. I have media portal set to notify me when I insert a dvd, then it plays if I select "yes". Otherwise you can use the "Play DVD" plugin that comes with media portal and set MP to do nothing when a dvd is inserted, until you select "play DVD" from the menu. It's up to you!

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

You could add your DVD-drive to your moving pictures watched folders and when you put in a DVD-movie, it would get searched by Moving Pictures. The problem though is that it is not likely that the title of the Movie is formatted in a way that Moving Pictures would be able to pick up. So, in the end, you would probably be better of just using the regular DVD playback of MediaPortal for your DVD-movies.

If you rip your DVD-movies to your harddrive, it is a totally different matter though - then Moving Pictures would pick them up without problems.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a suggestion. Movie franchises, e.g. Indiana Jones or Harry Potter, often have the same two or three first words in the movie title. Would it be possible for the plugin to sort these on the year of release? Now it depends on the complete title.

We will probably add some more advanced sorting options in 0.7, but that is at least a few months away. In the meantime you could edit the Sort By field of the movies you want grouped together. For example for the three Indiana Jones movies if you changed the sort by field to "indy1", "indy2" and "indy3" it would group them together and put them in the order you specify. Make sense?

Of course. Shoulda thought of that myself. Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom