Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a way to add movies to a playlist?

No not at this point, sorry. Maybe in the future, but there are a lot of other features that I think will get implemented first.

Hi, a quick question that, does Moving Pictures adds movies automatically whenever new movie added to the directory or do I have to go to configuration, but by doing that it seems Moving pictures searching all the movies again and duplicate the movies are already in the database

Thanks

It will automatically load new files dropped in your watch folders. You should not get duplicate movies, if you do there is something wrong and you might want to file a bug report. See my signature for details.

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Home Country
Wow, I can't believe I'm just now finding this plug-in. I was seriously considering switching to XBMC but now I think I'm staying with MP. This is right up there with MP-TVSeries as the best MP plug-in.

The only issues I seem to have right now are that some films don't grab the cover images or the runtime. It mostly seems to be foreign films. Two examples are "Se, jie" and "Le Scaphandre et le papillon". But these are minor issues and I'm sure they will get addressed eventually.

Thanks for adding ISO image support. I couldn't use the plug-in without it.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Is there a way to add movies to a playlist?

No not at this point, sorry. Maybe in the future, but there are a lot of other features that I think will get implemented first.

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to set a movie up and have some trailers play before it. :)

The other main developer for the project (armandp) is one of the core guys on MyTrailers, and he's talked a bit about loose integration of the two. See this issue. Probably wont be for a while, but a "trailer reel" before films has been thought of before and is on our list of possible enhancements.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    That sounds very interesting, perhaps a trailer button on the movies infoscreen that has a trailer for that specific movie. But there are other stuff that are more important, so I'm glad you're not putting this high on the list.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That sounds very interesting, perhaps a trailer button on the movies infoscreen that has a trailer for that specific movie. But there are other stuff that are more important, so I'm glad you're not putting this high on the list.

Do I read this right? You want the trailer of the movie before you're going to watch that same movie?
    My guess, (it will probable end up being configurable) to watch trailers for upcoming movies and such. Not only my guess, but also my preffered way of adding the trailer reel. Awesome idea btw!
    Like I said, probable is going to be very configurable and usable out of the box :D

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am not sure if it is a bug or not but everytime I start a movie which are of .iso/.img format I get an autostart question.
    "DVD loaded. Do you want to play?" "yes/no".

Since I don't have the checkbox "Ask before playing .iso/.bin files" in daemon tools settings in MP I think it should start the movie directly?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had a thought about content that you've edited yourself. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a little checkbox "prefer your edit if rescan" so if you do a rescan of your whole movie library, your edits wont be overwritten? Or a popup asking you if you like to keep your own data.

Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I had a thought about content that you've edited yourself. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a little checkbox "prefer your edit if rescan" so if you do a rescan of your whole movie library, your edits wont be overwritten? Or a popup asking you if you like to keep your own data.

Emph

That's a good idea, but I will have to think on how to keep track of that kind of information without creating additional overhead and ongoing maintainence work. Created an issue for it here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom