Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes definitely support for this will be added, but this is not going to be in the first end-user release unfortunately. Once movie management, filter and playback features are feature complete, I will release 0.6. The next version is going to focus on internationalization, which among other things will include a scripting interface for data sources. When we get to that point though I would definitely love the help.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There has been some interesting work around 'scene' naming and auto retrival of movie year and title from an ambiguos string like:

Black.Hawk.Down.2001.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264.dx va-EuReKA.mkv

The code i submitted to the movie importer for Moving Pictures should have no problems with scene names.
    That was one fo the reasons i got involved in the project. I had tested a wide range of different naming conventions and although it should be easier for a user to define custom naming conventions in the future you can already tinker with this if you know your RegExp (use with caution: see Regular Expression Filter in Additional Settings) ;)

the given name would be broken down to

keyword/title: Black Hawk Down
    year: 2001

If there was no year in that string there would be a problem because i forgot about the the 'dxva' string..
    so the title/keyword without a year would become.. Black Hawk Down dxva-EuReka . To solve this you can change the filter to:

Code:
    ((720p|1080p|1080i|DVDRip|DVDScreener|DVDScr|AVCHD|WMV|NTSC|MPEG|
    DSR|R5|DVDR|DTS|AC3|Bluray|Blu-ray|HDTV|PDTV|HDDVD|XviD|DiVX|dxva|x264)[-]?.*?$)

I will update this in svn

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good work, sounds like you guys are on top of things then.
    I will have a little play with it now.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    btw: You can also set "Use Folders For Matching" to true if you are using scene release names as the foldername to tackle the <prefix>-<abbreviated movie title>.<ext> filenames that are out there ;)

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm already loving it! And looking forward to future updates! :D

As a suggestion:
    Could you add a brief feature list to your first post? For those not wanting to read the whole post and not knowing the history of the plugin?

And a question:
    How will duplicated movies be handled? Some users have movies in both standard def and high def.

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    what can i say man but simply congratulations

probably this is the best plugin along with tv-series.

just some minor suggestions:
    1) if possible to be able to type in the list for the possible matches instead of having to press the green refresh button.
    2) because i have alot of cover arts downloaded already for my movies and going through 300+ movies and inserting the local image to have an option use folder.jpg ( not prolly the best idea but oh well)
    3) localization see attached screenie [img=http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7205/31197508xx6.th.gif]
    4) when playing the movie and you press info now it show the local file name. better to use db name and dp preview like tv series does.

again my deepest congratulations mate this is probably what was missing from mp all this time. kicks the hell out of the default movie manager.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Some fast testing now. A suggestion: If you double-click on a "i" item, the "rescan selected item with search string" dialogue for that item should pop up.
    I have my movies in H:\Film\ and many searches come up with the title "Film" as a suggestion. Should be a search string bug (not finished).

Emph

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    HOT HOT Plugin.

Brilliant Job fforde and the others that help with the plugin. Keep it up.

My only suggestion at the moment is

1) If you can exclude files and or folders that include the word sample. Many torrents do have sample files and personally i like keeping those sample files but not showing them in the Database

Skywurz

August 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great Job!! :D

Are you going to add .IFO support for Backed Up DVD folders?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom