Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Here's what I've got based on the 0.5.2 skinner's alpha release. All I can say is, this is an amazing release for an alpha fforde. I have got a few skinning related problems, but I'll see if I can cure them on my side before bugging ya.

As far as the release goes, well there are a few new gfx files and xml mods that I've made. I'll try to make an alpha release soon. It will break a lot of current Aeon Wide screens due to new layouts and gfx files.

:D fforde ;)

Looking great PR, can't wait to get my hands on those xml files. ;) If you have any questions or if there is anything you'd like to see added on the plug-in side of things, send me a PM.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Been doing a bit of work these views will be available in the next update of titanium. I will also be working with fforde to create a generic skin that will work with bluetwo wide.

Attachments

• Moving Pictures Filmstrip.jpg
    Moving Pictures Filmstrip.jpg
    257.4 KB
  • Moving Pictures Small Icons.jpg
    Moving Pictures Small Icons.jpg
    202.3 KB
  • Moving Pictures large Icons.jpg
    Moving Pictures large Icons.jpg
    166 KB
  • list view.jpg
    list view.jpg
    230 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Great work mattsk88, thanks for the support. And by the way thanks a ton for working on a generic skin. I know when 0.6 is released there will still be a lot of skins not yet supporting this plug-in. It's good to know a general skin usable with anything will be available and designed by someone with some skill. :p

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
This plugin seems to have some great potential. So we decided to create a new subforum for it.

Keep up the great work! :)

Thank you so much. It really means a lot to have the support of the core team here. :D

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I noticed that support for DVD backups (IFO) will be supported according to the issue tracker.
I hope this also includes .iso and .img files?

I guess this easily could be enabled since this only have to do with which files Moving Pictures recognize as media files.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi fforde

Only just got MP back up and running, so can now record TV again, god knows what broke it, anyway first thing i did was install Moving Pictures with mattsk88 new skinfiles for his Titanium skin, works absolutely superb mate.

Any comments regarding its functionality\limitations are already in your todo list, so i'll leave you alone on that one :)

Did i say congrats, nice work to you and your fellow developers, this will be in big demand :D

Cheers

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    fforde,

Just wanted to let you know things are working absolutely great on this end. Thanks so much for this and great work!

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Since the generic files was uploaded by matsk88 I decided to give the plugin a try.. Its looking very good on the settings side. Got 300 movies on my HTPC, all named "moviename [HD] -cd1.mkv" or just "moviename.avi". The movies are all put in the same folder, movies\genre\moviename.avi. After first search round I got 160 waiting for approval, and I'd say about 80-90% of those where correct. One thing it seems to struggle with is movies with -cd1 in the filename, with those files it always seems to use the foldername instead of filename when it searches.. and since my movies are in genre folders all those have to be typed in manually, changing it from horror to moviename.

For now it actually took me around 1hour of waiting and maybe 1hour of interaction to do what has taken me whole days to do with the in-built video part of MP, and that was without fanart! With the problem with -cd1 etc out of the way I'd be very little work for me to do..

Ill update my post when I finish up the config and can test it.

thx again :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom