Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    1) If you can exclude files and or folders that include the word sample. Many torrents do have sample files and personally i like keeping those sample files but not showing them in the Database

This is already requested:

Issue 24 - moving-pictures - Google Code

Wow. Just 3 hours after release and we're on the 3rd page of the thread.
    /me smiles at Paranoid Delusion :p

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1) If you can exclude files and or folders that include the word sample. Many torrents do have sample files and personally i like keeping those sample files but not showing them in the Database

One way of doing this would be option to exclude all files less than 100mb or user defined.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    what can i say man but simply congratulations

probably this is the best plugin along with tv-series.

just some minor suggestions:
    1) if possible to be able to type in the list for the possible matches instead of having to press the green refresh button.
    2) because i have alot of cover arts downloaded already for my movies and going through 300+ movies and inserting the local image to have an option use folder.jpg ( not prolly the best idea but oh well)
    3) localization see attached screenie [img=http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7205/31197508xx6.th.gif]
    4) when playing the movie and you press info now it show the local file name. better to use db name and dp preview like tv series does.

again my deepest congratulations mate this is probably what was missing from mp all this time. kicks the hell out of the default movie manager.

1) Great idea. It is gonna have to be a little lower on the list of priorities since it's an aesthetic enhancement, but I really like the idea. I put it in the issue tracker so it doesn't get lost.

2) Also a good idea. This is mostly implemented already for fan-art. I will expand it to grab local cover art files as well.

3) That is actually bad data in the movie-xml.com database. Until we add a few new data providers you will have to manually correct stuff like that in the configuration screen. Sorry. :(

4) That's weird that is working on my end. Could you submit a bug report over on the issue tracker and attach your logs?

HOT HOT Plugin.

Brilliant Job fforde and the others that help with the plugin. Keep it up.

My only suggestion at the moment is

1) If you can exclude files that include the word sample. Many torrents do have sample files and personally i like keeping those sample files.

Definitely going to get that in there. There is an open issue for that exact issue right here.

Great Job!! :D

Are you going to add .IFO support for Backed Up DVD folders?

It's a good idea, no reason not to do it. I will add it to the list, but again, probably not something you will see in the short term. Here is the issue though to keep track.

One way of doing this would be option to exclude all files less than 100mb or user defined.

Good idea. I will do it that way. That's better than a regex string.

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    this is an excelent link for the issues

moving-pictures - Google Code

next time i am check that before i post something

Another issue.

Whatever File has Director's Cut in it then it will get "Director's Cut" as the possible match but not anything close that will actually match the actual movie.
    Example: Troy - Director's Cut.mkv

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    this is an excelent link for the issues

moving-pictures - Google Code

next time i am check that before i post something

Another issue.

Whatever File has Director's Cut in it then it will get "Director's Cut" as the possible match but not anything close that will actually match the actual movie.
    Example: Troy - Director's Cut.mkv

Yeah that is an issue. For now under advanced settings you could add "Director's Cut" to the regex filtering string. to prevent it from being used in matching. This will most likely be added to the default regex string for 0.6. If you only have a few files like that it may just be easier to just manually enter a search string though.

And if no one noticed, I updated the second post at the top with information on upcoming features, the issue tracker, and how to report bugs or make enhancement requests.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here's what I've got based on the 0.5.2 skinner's alpha release. All I can say is, this is an amazing release for an alpha fforde. I have got a few skinning related problems, but I'll see if I can cure them on my side before bugging ya.

As far as the release goes, well there are a few new gfx files and xml mods that I've made. I'll try to make an alpha release soon. It will break a lot of current Aeon Wide screens due to new layouts and gfx files.

:D fforde ;)

Attachments

• Moving Picture List.jpg
      Moving Picture List.jpg
      152.4 KB
    • Moving Picture Small Icons.jpg
      Moving Picture Small Icons.jpg
      140.4 KB
    • Moving Picture Large Icons.jpg
      Moving Picture Large Icons.jpg
      127.3 KB
    • Moving Picture Filmstrip.jpg
      Moving Picture Filmstrip.jpg
      174.4 KB
    • Moving Picture Details.jpg
      Moving Picture Details.jpg
      151.6 KB

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    a bit off topic but will you be updating monochrome/indigo skins also psycho?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom