MovingPictures 1.8.4 [Support for MP 1.23+] [2020-01-26] (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The MediaPortal Extension Manager lists an update, but I get an error when trying to start the download and installation.

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @emphatic, I see the same issue (TLS error) but don't know what is causing it. It may have something to do with this:

Code:
    On February 22, 2018 19:00 UTC (11:00 am PST) GitHub discontinued support for the cryptographically weak TLS 1.0 & 1.1 protocols and only support connections with the TLS 1.2 protocol. See the GitHub Engineering blog post for more details about this change:
    https://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice/

If that's the case it might require a patch to the MPE manager.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @emphatic, I see the same issue (TLS error) but don't know what is causing it. It may have something to do with this:

Code:
    On February 22, 2018 19:00 UTC (11:00 am PST) GitHub discontinued support for the cryptographically weak TLS 1.0 & 1.1 protocols and only support connections with the TLS 1.2 protocol. See the GitHub Engineering blog post for more details about this change:
    https://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice/

If that's the case it might require a patch to the MPE manager.
    This should be resolved now @emphatic, please retest.

I only worked around the issue by uploading the file to the mediaportal repository instead of GitHub. Anyway, hope it works now.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have an issue with the GUI importer. It often adds the same file twice, meaning twice the run time and when the movie ends, it starts playing a second time. To resolve this, I have to open MediaPortal Configuration, open the MovingPictures settings and send the incorrectly imported movies back to the importer. The backend importer never does this, only the one in the GUI of MediaPortal. But, this doesn't happen will all movies, just a few. This will also result in incorrect watched status if you turn the movie off when the credits start to roll, as as far as MediaPortal's concerned, you've only watched half of the movie.

I have cleaned my database from these movies by ordering them by decreasing run time, it becomes quite obvious which items have this issue. Anyone else notice this?
    Emph

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have an issue with the GUI importer. It often adds the same file twice, meaning twice the run time and when the movie ends, it starts playing a second time. To resolve this, I have to open MediaPortal Configuration, open the MovingPictures settings and send the incorrectly imported movies back to the importer. The backend importer never does this, only the one in the GUI of MediaPortal. But, this doesn't happen will all movies, just a few. This will also result in incorrect watched status if you turn the movie off when the credits start to roll, as as far as MediaPortal's concerned, you've only watched half of the movie.

I have cleaned my database from these movies by ordering them by decreasing run time, it becomes quite obvious which items have this issue. Anyone else notice this?
    Emph
    Well, GUI Importer is just a gui. it shares the same code with Config Importer. Also I didn't understand why yuo're talking about watching movie :cautious: Anyway, please, post logs. Let's hope we did logging in GUI Importer:LOL:

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New Release:

v1.8.2
    • Updated VideoCodecs (HEVC) and AudioCodecs (TrueHD+Atmos, DTSX, EAC3+Atmos, EAC3) support;
    • Added support for TLS (Transport Level Security) 1.2 standard. Required for some endpoints which no longer support the default 1.0/1.1 in .NET 4.0;
    • Adding some missing Titan skin image resources;
    • Updating debug logging for scraper scripts when executing an if condition. Will only log the condition part;
    • Fixed issue with resume dialog not closing on ESC;
    • Updated translations.
    https://github.com/damienhaynes/moving-pictures/releases/download/1.8.2/moving-pictures-1.8.2.0.mpe1

I noticed another change from 1.8.1.0 to 1.8.2.0: in sorting the movies prefixes like "A" and "The" are ignored and so The Mummy is being placed under the "M". This only seems to work with NEW imports. I have two questions:

1. Is this correct, as there is no documentation about it?
    2. Is this a setting that can be changed? Or is it built-in?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom