MP 1.15.0 refuses to do timed recordings (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Guys, from the log files provided in the first post, I think the issue is simply that GlamRockCowboy is using suspend (standby and/or hibernate) + resume or Windows' fast startup (AKA: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown). On resume, the tuners will be lost and not redetected, which leads to recording failures. It should be possible to workaround by using the PowerScheduler plugin.

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How can that be? I certainly don't recall doing anything like what you just described! Nevertheless, if you think I should use the Power Scheduler plugin, I will! And, speaking of plugins, is there a plugin that provides some sort of positive indication (aka a "record light") as to whether I or not I AM actually recording? If not, there should be!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How can that be? I certainly don't recall doing anything like what you just described!
    Very easily! You're using Windows 10 where Windows fast startup is enabled by default. You will think you're shutting down your PC when you go to bed and turning it back on when you get up and need to use it. However Windows is doing tricks behind the scenes.

Nevertheless, if you think I should use the Power Scheduler plugin, I will!
    Okay, so:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the plugins section.
    3. Tick the PowerScheduler plugin to enable it.
    4. Go to the manual control section.
    5. Click stop service... then start service.
    6. Expand the plugins section by clicking on the + in the left hand pane, then go into the PowerScheduler section.
    7. On the general tab click expert mode.
    8. On the EPG tab you could tick "wakeup the computer for EPG grabbing", "start grabbing at" 17:25 (or whatever time your SD update is scheduled for - I forget), and tick the days that you want to do that.
    9. If you want to, on the processes tab tick "do not put the computer to sleep while the MediaPortal client is not running". If you don't do this, your PC may go to sleep while you're working on stuff.
    10. Finally to actually solve the problem, on the advanced tab tick "reinitialize TV controller on wakeup".
    That should get you started.

And, speaking of plugins, is there a plugin that provides some sort of positive indication (aka a "record light") as to whether I or not I AM actually recording? If not, there should be!
    There's a recording dot/indicator in the top left corner of most MediaPortal skins. Not sure if there's a plugin for the Windows task bar if that's what you're talking about.

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, that'll work! You'll be glad to know that I have just finished watching an entire hour-long episode of the US version of "Antiques Roadshow without the slightest problem or difficulty! I'll try the Power Scheduler plugin and let you know if I have any problems. Thanks again for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom