MP 1.16 Final Release date? (1 Viewer)

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same question here. If MAD VR integration is not stable, then kick it out of the release. If you take a look in the mad vr discussions here: [WiP] - madVR support in MP1 then I see that 347 pages and 295 versions there. 295 versions! Obiously a huge development and too much for one MP version.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As Holzi says: EVR is still usable. There will always be bugs with such a huge integration. We're not going to kick it out on that basis.

To the point at hand...
    Respectfully, we're not going to adjust our release schedule to meet the German DVB-T switch-off date... or any other date. Those of you who are desperate for access to 1.16 final for some reason have a choice to make:
    • continue to wait for 1.16 final
    • update to 1.16 PR; note you've been told that DVB-T2 support works fine, and I'm not aware of any unpatched "show-stopper" issues either
    • build your own version of MediaPortal with the features/stability you require
    • use other software
    Thanks for your understanding. :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Same question here. If MAD VR integration is not stable, then kick it out of the release. If you take a look in the mad vr discussions here: [WiP] - madVR support in MP1 then I see that 347 pages and 295 versions there. 295 versions! Obiously a huge development and too much for one MP version.

That's Amazing right :)
    Yep on my side madVR works good but there is always tweak to do :p
    Yes there is a lot of version because when you can't reproduce the original issue you need to supply a lot of code change and even one line create a version lol.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey, to use MP 1.16pr you don't even need to install Madvr, if its not there it will just use the standard EVR by default!

Sarah

Portal Member
    May 20, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As Holzi says: EVR is still usable. There will always be bugs with such a huge integration. We're not going to kick it out on that basis.

I'm wondering why a new renderer - while the current one is doing fine - is more important than a feature which is prevents all DVB-T2 users here from getting a black screen ... If it is such a huge feature it can still wait for the next release, but DVB-T2 can't.

I have never seen 3 months between a pre version and the final version. As far as i remember it has always been about 1 month.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sarah, what do you want us to say?
    You obviously don't agree with the choices we've made.
    Your opinions are noted.
    Nothing you say will change the 1.16 final release date.
    You have options as listed in my previous reply.

Sarah

Portal Member
    May 20, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    music man, I want to appeal to your reason:
    - nobody needs MadVR in 1.16
    - all German DVB-T2-users need 1.16

24 hours till black screen ...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sarah, this will be my last reply in this thread.

I want to appeal to your reason:
    There's no point. Decisions have been made. Too late.

- nobody needs MadVR in 1.16
    We've decided to include it, and that decision won't be changed.

- all German DVB-T2-users need 1.16
    No they don't. They can use MP 1.16 PR, build their own version, or even use patches that were provided in the forum earlier.

24 hours till black screen ...
    You make it sound like dooms day! :LOL:
    For the last time, you have plenty of options. If you insist that you want MP 1.16 final, you only have yourself to blame for losing TV access because we've clearly warned you that we're not going to release 1.16 final in time.

Users who are viewing this thread