MP 1.16 MPAR Broken/Bug (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Adam86
    I see you've enabled the "auto A/V sync correction option" in LAV audio.
    If you're going to do that you should make sure you've disabled MPAR's equivalent. Sync correction should be performed by one or the other (LAV or MPAR), not both. If both try to do it, problems will ensue.
    You know that right?

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well I can change that but from a guide i followed years ago it said to ensure Audio Delay was unticked as it could cause problems.

Regardless, everything has worked flawlessly on MPAR and LAV for years until now even if it isn't using the recommended configuration :-/

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well I can change that but from a guide i followed years ago it said to ensure Audio Delay was unticked as it could cause problems.
    Are we talking about the same thing? :confused:
    What I'm saying is that it's not recommended to have both:
    • LAV audio's "auto A/V sync correction" option ticked, AND
    • MPAR's "enable v-sync adjustment"/"enable timestretch" ticked
    You currently have the LAV option ticked, so I'm recommending you either:
    • ensure that MPAR's "enable v-sync adjustment"/"enable timestretch" option is unticked, OR
    • untick LAV's "auto A/V sync correction" option
    Regardless, everything has worked flawlessly on MPAR and LAV for years until now even if it isn't using the recommended configuration :-/
    I understand. Without doubt: MPAR code has changed, and that could well be the reason your experience has changed. However I want to make sure all bases are covered. If you ticked the "install LAV..." option during the MP update/installation it's possible that your LAV settings have changed... and that too could be a [partial] cause for what you're seeing.

Last edited:

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Appreciate the advise,

On my brothers machine I have set TV playback to DirectSound and on his LAV Audio A/V Sync was unticked but in MPAR timestretch was ticked - I have asked him to test now to see how he gets on.

It becomes a nightmare managing several machines at multiple properties so there possibly is a slight variation in the config of each one.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Not sure if it's relevant or related but I've been seeing that pausing movies for a few minutes, causes MPAR to go completely out of sync too.
    Just thought to add...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I may be on the wrong track here, but please can you humour me and try something...

It looks like a few new settings have been added in the new version of MPAR. I think one of them may be responsible for the difference in behaviour that you're observing.

Normally it's possible to edit MPAR settings via the MPAR property page. This:
    upload_2017-5-14_14-9-39.png

However, it looks like the new settings haven't been exposed via the above interface [yet]. Therefore we have to access them via an alternative mechanism.

All MPAR settings are stored in the Windows system registry under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\Audio Renderer key.
    The contents of the registry can be viewed and changed using the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) tool provided with Windows.

A standard warning/disclaimer: take care when modifying the registry. Modifications may cause problems. I take no responsibility. :)

The setting you're looking for is the "AllowBitStreaming" setting. I expect the value is currently "1". Please try changing the value to "0". You'll have to restart MediaPortal for the change to take effect.

P.S. I'm not an MPAR expert by any means. In fact I've never personally used MPAR. Just trying to help. Please keep that in mind when reading my advice. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll be testing in a bit...
    I'll let you know
    Cool beans. :)
    The symptoms you're seeing do sound a bit different to what Adam and Richard have reported, so there's a good chance that my suggestion won't help you. Either way I'll be here and willing to take a look at log files etc.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Ok so today about 2pm ish could be just before or after my lounge mediaportal which happens to be a the server also started sturrering on iTVHD. THe audio went out of sync, rewinding back 15s corrected it momemtarily but then within a short space of time i.e a minute it was back out again. Changed channels and it was ok again. This room doesnt even use MPAR. Attached are the logs which were also difficult to produce as it kept saying the file already existed and then froze.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Ok so today about 2pm ish could be just before or after my lounge mediaportal which happens to be a the server also started sturrering on iTVHD. THe audio went out of sync, rewinding back 15s corrected it momemtarily but then within a short space of time i.e a minute it was back out again. Changed channels and it was ok again. This room doesnt even use MPAR. Attached are the logs which were also difficult to produce as it kept saying the file already existed and then froze.

You have a lot of:

[2017-05-15 13:34:00,952] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (11.69 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 18.28 ms, Queue: 0)
    [2017-05-15 13:34:01,832] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (12.86 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.28 ms, Queue: 0)
    [2017-05-15 13:44:34,083] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (42.02 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.23 ms, Queue: 0)
    [2017-05-15 13:44:34,094] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (32.98 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.22 ms, Queue: 0)
    [2017-05-15 13:44:34,109] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (27.90 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.35 ms, Queue: 0)
    [2017-05-15 13:44:34,116] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (14.63 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.34 ms, Queue: 0)
    [2017-05-15 13:45:05,200] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (67.82 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.34 ms, Queue: 0)
    [2017-05-15 13:45:05,209] [2fd442e8] [3290] - Scheduling sample from the past (56.34 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.38 ms, Queue: 0)

...warnings in the evr.log - these usually indicate video playback problems. I can't see anything in TsReader.log or MediaPortal.log which might account for this. Out of interest, why are you using ffdshow Audio Decoder? (LAV Audio can do most of what ffdshow can do, and it's much more up-to-date).

It's not the right thread for this problem though (it's nothing to do with MPAR) - if this is a recurring problem please start a new thread about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom