[solved] - MP 1.16 - temporarily disable "Pause" screen in Titan Extended (or other skins) for calibration disc

Discussion in 'watch/edit Videos' started by wiyosaya, April 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiyosaya
    • Premium Supporter

wiyosaya MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I have a video calibration disc that has a large number of test patterns on it. To calibrate my display, the video needs to be paused when any of the patterns are playing. When I pause the video on a test pattern, there is an overlay that prevents me from being able to see the complete test pattern, and this makes it impossible to accurately calibrate the display.

I would like to have nothing at all displayed for the pause screen when I am paused in the calibration disc. Being familiar with xml, I did attempt to comment out sections that I thought would remove the pause overlay, however, I was unsuccessful.

Is there a way to comment out or remove the complete overlay that normally displays during paused video? If so, would someone kindly post how to do so? I am willing to switch to any skin where this is possible, or to a skin where there is no pause overlay if any one knows of such a skin. Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +963 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I am fairly sure that this is controlled by a setting in "MP Config", specifically this one:

On-screen Display Settings - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

If "On-screen Display" is set to zero, the OSD remains on screen indefinitely. But a specific value will cause the OSD to be removed after that time has elapsed. On the old "DefaultWide" skin, a tiny PAUSE indicator remains on screen, but it obscures very little. I don't know about other skins.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. wiyosaya
    • Premium Supporter

wiyosaya MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Thanks. I tried putting 2-seconds in there, and the Titan Extended Pause OSD disappeared after 2-seconds. I did not notice any other items still on the screen. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!