[solved] MP 1.16 - temporarily disable "Pause" screen in Titan Extended (or other skins) for calibration disc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a video calibration disc that has a large number of test patterns on it. To calibrate my display, the video needs to be paused when any of the patterns are playing. When I pause the video on a test pattern, there is an overlay that prevents me from being able to see the complete test pattern, and this makes it impossible to accurately calibrate the display.

I would like to have nothing at all displayed for the pause screen when I am paused in the calibration disc. Being familiar with xml, I did attempt to comment out sections that I thought would remove the pause overlay, however, I was unsuccessful.

Is there a way to comment out or remove the complete overlay that normally displays during paused video? If so, would someone kindly post how to do so? I am willing to switch to any skin where this is possible, or to a skin where there is no pause overlay if any one knows of such a skin. Thanks.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a way to comment out or remove the complete overlay that normally displays during paused video?
    I am fairly sure that this is controlled by a setting in "MP Config", specifically this one:

On-screen Display Settings - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

If "On-screen Display" is set to zero, the OSD remains on screen indefinitely. But a specific value will cause the OSD to be removed after that time has elapsed. On the old "DefaultWide" skin, a tiny PAUSE indicator remains on screen, but it obscures very little. I don't know about other skins.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am fairly sure that this is controlled by a setting in "MP Config", specifically this one:

On-screen Display Settings - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

If "On-screen Display" is set to zero, the OSD remains on screen indefinitely. But a specific value will cause the OSD to be removed after that time has elapsed. On the old "DefaultWide" skin, a tiny PAUSE indicator remains on screen, but it obscures very little. I don't know about other skins.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Thanks. I tried putting 2-seconds in there, and the Titan Extended Pause OSD disappeared after 2-seconds. I did not notice any other items still on the screen. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom