MP 1.19 Multiseat failure with Windows 10 1803 Update (2 Viewers)

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Have found a problem after upgrading my TV server, Desktop and Laptop to the new Windows 10 version 1803 April Update. For some reason i cannot pin down I get an error trying to connect to the MySQL Database. It works locally on the tv server, but not from either my laptop or desktop, that is unless i use wifi on the clients (this doesn't make any sense to me). The firewall rules appeared to be correct but I have tried disabling the firewall options on each machine + Windows Defender without any change in behaviour.

I've also tried a fresh install on my desktop which didn't help either. For now i've had to give up and go back to the build 1709 on the server, desktop and laptop. I've included the logs from each device hopefully this may help to pin down the issue.

Attachments

• MediaPortal_Client1_Desktop_Wired_Notworking.zip
      126.5 KB
    • MediaPortal_Client1_Desktop_Wireless_Working.zip
      130.2 KB
    • MediaPortal_Client2_Laptop_Wired_Notworking.zip
      113.3 KB
    • MediaPortal_Client2_Laptop_Wireless_Working.zip
      118.1 KB
    • MediaPortal_Server.zip
      1,006.4 KB

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    maybe try to connect your tv server with the ip instead of the hostname of it.

btw.nice i9 desk^^

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    hi,
    maybe try to connect your tv server with the ip instead of the hostname of it.

btw.nice i9 desk^^

Thanks, forgot to say i already tried that with no luck. I just cannot explain, all the configs are correct, i'd tried disabling all firewalls + windows defender etc. I haven't tryed again since the windows update after i posted though, it might of made a difference.

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    try to disable ipv6

Thanks .

I was getting similar issues after my server updated to 1803 .

My client kept saying " connected to TV Server , but can't connect to database , all ports seem ok "

Disabling ipv6 fixed it

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    maybe, you can set inside MP Config, the TV link to IPv4 Adresse instead of Hostname server.

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    I've now tried disabling IPV6 (from within the network card properties if thats correct) on both the clients and the Server with no change in behaviour. I've also tried a server rebuild with a fresh windows 10 1803 build install from the ISO, this didn't help either.

It seems to be connecting to tv server ok, but cannot connect to the MySQL database. When using the client and server on the same machine it works fine. Also, when it does work over wifi it takes a lot longer to start playing live tv than it did in 1709 (thats over wifi too). I think Microsoft must have made changes to the network system, i know they've completely removed homegroups (which I never used).

another test i've ran though is to install tvserver on my laptop using a sillicondust network tuner. Connecting from the MP client on the server machine to tvserver on my laptop worked. So to rule out the tv tuner hardware I thought i'd try setting the server to use the network tuner instead of the TBS 6205 I normally use, unfortunately that didn't help, not that i thought it would but atleast it rules out the tv tuner.

Unfortunately its not easy to troubleshoot as its used to record tv for the whole family so i have to pick times when it is not used. Thank god for Macrium Reflect though!!

motor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2009
    Regional Victoria
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I also have an issue since the Windows 10 1803 update as well - running client on the server works fine but not on external clients - tried to fix on external client PC's first including client firewall off and using the fixed server ip address rather than server name - still wouldn't connect.

Disabling the Windows firewall for private network on the server allows the clients to connect.

Cannot determine how to properly fix and allow firewall to be re-enabled. So far added TV service and MySQL to the rules but hasn't resolved the issue. Turned off server IPV6 as well in network adapter settings. Issue appears to relate to something incoming being blocked by the updated windows defender firewall on the server PC. Message on client PC's was: Some ports seem to be blocked 31456 (TCP) RemoteControl and 3306 (TCP) MySQL followed by Unable to connect to TV-Server Unable to connect to database Please check firewall.

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    I also have an issue since the Windows 10 1803 update as well - running client on the server works fine but not on external clients - tried to fix on external client PC's first including client firewall off and using the fixed server ip address rather than server name - still wouldn't connect.

Disabling the Windows firewall for private network on the server allows the clients to connect.

Cannot determine how to properly fix and allow firewall to be re-enabled. So far added TV service and MySQL to the rules but hasn't resolved the issue. Turned off server IPV6 as well in network adapter settings. Issue appears to relate to something incoming being blocked by the updated windows defender firewall on the server PC. Message on client PC's was: Some ports seem to be blocked 31456 (TCP) RemoteControl and 3306 (TCP) MySQL followed by Unable to connect to TV-Server Unable to connect to database Please check firewall.

I'm glad i'm not the only one as this is driving me insane. So far i've given up trying. 1803 does work on the clients aslong as the server is running 1709 but the latency between starting to play live tv or recorded tv is much longer than it is with running 1803 on both client and server. For now i've just stuck with 1709 on the server and machine most used for access.

Can i ask what are your system specs (is the info in your profile up to date)?

My server is running
    Intel i7 4790t
    Asus H87M-Pro (Realtek ethernet - not sure if it makes a difference)
    32 GB RAM
    Crucial SSD
    WD 8TB TV Recording Storage
    TBS 6205 DVB-T2 Quad
    Silicondust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro (As a test)

The reason I ask is if i run TV server on my laptop with the HDHomeRun tuner and 1803 the server works

Laptop is Dell XPS 15 9560

I cannot work out why, i've tried everything you have mentioned but it doesn't make a difference. It seems the changes Microsoft made to the Network stack and firewall have blocked access to MYSQL even though it is allowed through the firewall. Even if the firewall and windows defender are completely disabled on both client and server the issue remains.

Another strange thing is i found the clients could connect if they (both desktop and laptop used bultin wifi - the server still using wired as it doesn't have wifi). This, made me think trying different switch/router (cant think why it would help but i'm out of ideas). So i tried using my old asus rt-ac68u instead of my custom pfSense Firewall and switch + Ubiquiti access point. As anticipated it had no effect.

Its way beyond my knowledge level as i'm not a programmer and have no idea how to troubleshout further.

motor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2009
    Regional Victoria
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Updated main system specs.
    My server has wired Realtek ethernet also.
    Checked again today and as long as I disable the windows firewall for private networks on the server PC then all clients (x4) can connect no problem - these are all running 1803 x64 bit windows 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom