MP 1.2.3 / MPTV-Series 3.3.0 - "MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured" (1 Viewer)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    After upgrading MP to 1.2.3 and MPTV-Series to 3.3.0 my MP crashes a few seconds/minutes after startup.
    I'm using StreamedMP 1.6.3 as skin.
    To me it looks like a plugin fault, but I'm not sure.

Here's the exception I get:
    Code:
    2012-04-13 22:54:33.440000 [ERROR][(37)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2012-04-13 22:54:33.468000 [ERROR][(37)]: Exception  :System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBEpisode.GetSeasonEpisodeCounts(DBSeason season, Int32& epsTotal, Int32& epsUnWatched)
      at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBSeries.UpdateEpisodeCounts(DBSeries series)
      at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.OnlineParsing.asyncEpisodeCounts(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
      at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
      at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
      at System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
      at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.OnlineParsing.asyncEpisodeCountsCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
      at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
      at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
      at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
      at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

All logs attached.

Thanks,
    Yoav

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks.
    BTW, this seem to be a problem in some kind of a background task, and not the main thread.
    The workaround I discovered is moving the crash notification window aside, and keep working on the MP, including using the MP-TVSeries plugin.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Managed to fix it on my installation, still I think there's a bug (maybe related to hidden series).

I did the following:
    1. In configuration, deleted all hidden series.
    2. Started MP, and let it re-import the hidden series.
    3. In configuration - re-hide the imported series.

Thanks ltfearme

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Updated to MP TVSeries 3.3 this morning (MP 1.2.3 in use) and getting SQlite errors all over the place in tvseries combined with MP crashes shortly after startup as well - I think my database has been corrupted on the first run after the upgrade. Downgraded to the previous plugin version, but DB seems to be unreadable and SQlite errors are in the log upon startup.
    Will restore a DB from backup and see if I can reproduce this as the log from the first run unfortunately is no longer available due to numerous restarts of MP in the meantime.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please could you upload the corrupt database so that we can examine it and see if we can work out what is wrong and how we can fix it?

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Certainly. There you go.

Btw, couldn't reproduce the issue from a clean backup. May have just been me, but I'll keep a look out. Nightly backups ftw!

Attachments

• TVSeriesDatabase4.7z
      1.4 MB

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I jsut got the same problem and found the same workaround (moving the error window out of the screen)... I should have searched the forum first I wouldn't have spent 30 minutes trying to fin a solution :rolleyes:
    But what's strange on my case is that everything was working well until I upgraded my skin "StreamedMP"... It may be a coincidence because I don't see the link between my skin and mptvseries except the skin files but it shouldn't have anything to do with a background process.

If there is no other way I'll also delete my hidden series, but it would be great if we could find the source of the problem.

Regards

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have the exact same error as yoavain then please try attach the dll. If you are still getting a crash then please attach a full set of logs.

Attachments

• tvseries.rar
      815.6 KB

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    HI ltfearme,

the logs are

Code:
    2012-05-10 22:47:48.263068 [ERROR][(51)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2012-05-10 22:47:48.265998 [ERROR][(51)]: Exception  :System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Une exception s'est produite lors de l'opération, ce qui rend le résultat non valide. Consultez InnerException pour plus de détails sur l'exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
      à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBEpisode.GetSeasonEpisodeCounts(DBSeason season, Int32& epsTotal, Int32& epsUnWatched)
      à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBSeries.UpdateEpisodeCounts(DBSeries series)
      à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.OnlineParsing.asyncEpisodeCounts(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
      à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
      à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
      --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
      à System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
      à System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
      à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.OnlineParsing.asyncEpisodeCountsCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
      à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
      à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
      à System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
      à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
      à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
      à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      à System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
      à System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
    2012-05-10 22:47:48.265998 [ERROR][(51)]: Exception  :Une exception s'est produite lors de l'opération, ce qui rend le résultat non valide. Consultez InnerException pour plus de détails sur l'exception.
    2012-05-10 22:47:48.266974 [ERROR][(51)]:  site      :Void RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
    2012-05-10 22:47:48.266974 [ERROR][(51)]:  source    :System
    2012-05-10 22:47:48.266974 [ERROR][(51)]:  stacktrace:  à System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
      à System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
      à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.OnlineParsing.asyncEpisodeCountsCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
      à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
      à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
      à System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
      à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
      à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
      à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      à System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
      à System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
    2012-05-10 22:48:01.188849 [ERROR][(39)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured

And the dll is in attachment.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom