MP 1.20 crashes on WIndows 10 Pro for Workstations (1 Viewer)

gikoz

Portal Member
December 22, 2017
Home Country
Greece Greece
MediaPortal Version: 1.20

Description
I have installed Mediaportal 1.20 on Windows 10 Pro V. 1803 (Build 171134.191)
I have activated as WIndows 10 Pro for Workstations and the MP crashes. In the windows Event log have the following:

Application: MediaPortal.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at OSInfo.GenericDescriptionExtension.DescriptionAttr[[OSInfo_OSInfo+ProductType, Utils, Version=1.19.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](ProductType)
at OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSProductType()
at OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSDisplayVersion()
at MediaPortalApp.Main(System.String[])

It seems that there is a problem with the detection of Windows 10 versions, because when I change the Windows product key with one for simple Windows 10 Pro (not for Workstations), the application runs without any problem.

Steps to Reproduce:
- Install MP 1.20 in Windows 10 Pro.
- Activate with key for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.
- Application crashes on start (same with MP Configuration and TV-Server Configuration).
- Change the product key for simple Windows 10 Pro and reactivate.
- Application runs without any other change.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_10_08_18__20_52.zip
    937.8 KB

mno

Portal Member
September 7, 2018
Home Country
Austria Austria
I've just installed Windows 10 Pro Workstations on one of my client computers. The Installation of MP 1.20 worked correctly without any problems, but I'm not able to run the configuration.exe or mediaportal.exe.

Therefore I can confirm the above mentioned problem and hope that someone can help us to solve this problem soon.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_07_09_18__21_59.zip
    121.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

mno

Portal Member
    September 7, 2018
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've reinstalled now my MediaPortal client with MP 1.20 PreRelease and changed the files like mentioned above. MediaPortal is working now correctly without any Problems. The TV Server (MP 1.20 final) Connection is also working fine.

The only thing that I've realized is that not all extensions are listed in the extension Manager, e.g. Moving Pictures, but I guess that this has to be clarified with the individual extension developers later.

@regeszter : Please, could you also release a brunch for the currently released MP 1.20 Final Version.

Anyway, I have to say THANK YOU to all of you for the very fast an professional help.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Please try this version. If it is not working then upload a fresh log.

mno

Portal Member
    September 7, 2018
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The upgrade worked without any problems. But now the configuration.exe will not start anymore and therefore I'm not able to maintain the configuration. Surprisingly MediaPortal is working fine without any issue, probably because it is using the old, already existing configuration file. So I think there is just a small problem with the version check weithin the configuration.exe.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_07_09_18__21_59.zip
      121.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom