MP 1.26 fails to connect to SQL Server (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After a clean installation of MP 1.27, the needed dependency is still missing. However, this time I was able to add it by executing a .cmd file with the following command line:
    sc config TVService depend= MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS/SQLBrowser/Netman
    as administrator.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just did a simple test (clean install of MP 1.27, singleseat, Mysql) and there the dependency was correctly added (both with mysql installed by mediaportal and with an already installed mysql), so that part is indeed working correctly.
    For SQL Server I think the name of the dependency wasn't correct in the "setup database configuration" tool (it defaults to SQLBrowser), so it couldn't set the dependency correctly.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Evidently the dependency on SQL Browser is not adequate. I assumed that it was needed in addition to the dependency on SQL Server itself. If that is not the case, then the command to set the dependency should be:
    sc config TVService depend= MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS/Netman
    Unfortunately, I rejoiced too soon; on subsequent reboots, the added dependency has disappeared each time, so I am going back to the workaround solution of using "Automatic (Delayed Start)". So far, that has worked reliably. BTW, the DB connection dialog still says SQL Server "2005". Since it has been proven that the DB I/F works with later versions of SQL Server, i suggest deleting "2005" to avoid confusing the uninitiated ;-)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Since this thread has wandered a bit from the original issue / title, I am starting another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom