MP 1.3.x dshowhelper development (3 Viewers)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have had NO problems with 674 and I have thrown a lot at it.
    Many thanks

On the ATI HD7750 ( hdmi output 1920x1200) it adds just that final bit of smoothness especially to horizontal scrolling text that makes the viewing experience superb on all formats.

On the OB ATI HD 4200 which had been a failure until I used this I can now have good to above average performance upto output of hdmi of 1366x768 (720p output no problem; 1000p output problems start ie dropped frames.) 1440x900 quite possibly would have worked but the 12.6 legacy drivers didn't have this option.

Good :)

I've just added v675 to the first page, but this is a small update from v674 so hopefully it won't introduce any regressions compared to that version.

Tony
    Just installed 675, 674 works like a charm, no crashes and we watched a lot of television last weekend. Queue set to 0.
    One more question, does the backend tvservice has anything to do with this? Because after a lot of issues I switched back to For The Record for TV services. TVServices from MePo itself isn't stable enough with my tuners.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    Could this be a possible solution to occasional audio in front of video sync issues? Or am I reading too much into it..

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

this morning I had a black screen with the newest version of dshowhelper.. And I had to restart the machine. :( For me personally the version from MP1.3.0 Alpha is still the best! I had no single freeze or black screen with that one!

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

this morning I had a black screen with the newest version of dshowhelper.. And I had to restart the machine. :( For me personally the version from MP1.3.0 Alpha is still the best! I had no single freeze or black screen with that one!
    Using the latest Dshowhelper and latest tsreader.ax and its extremely stable, with dual tuner :D have had no one complain from my girlfriend :)

ps. using argusTV for backend and LAV for codec, this one now even works better than default MS DTV

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

Using the latest Dshowhelper and latest tsreader.ax and its extremely stable, with dual tuner :D have had no one complain from my girlfriend :)

ps. using argusTV for backend and LAV for codec, this one now even works better than default MS DTV

Allright, maybe it's my system.. Wich version of tsreader.ax are you using? Can you also tell me a bit of your codec settings? :) Thanks!

Last edited:

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

Allright, maybe it's my system.. Wich version of tsreader.ax are you using? Can you also tell me a bit of your codec settings? :) Thanks!
    noStopMod63b and everything is set to LAV (53.1) DXVA set to CUDA (using nVidia 425m)

2x Anysee E30T/C

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

noStopMod63b and everything is set to LAV (53.1) DXVA set to CUDA (using nVidia 425m)

2x Anysee E30T/C

Allright thanks,

I'm also using an Anysee tuner.. Only big difference is that I'm using an Ati card.. The balck screen sometimes on starting video or chanching from channel with live tv was a big problem for me in the past with Mediaportal that I couldn't solve.. I didn't know what was going on, but now I know that it had something to do with dshowhelper. MP 1.3 alpha is the first version where I never had this problem, so I hope the problem stay away!!!

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi powermarcel10, just to convince you that you're not dreaming :) I have the same issue (also ATI). I have the same problem and tried all versions and I can confirm (at least fro my system) that 1.3.0A version is only one which works flawlessly, the rest just in 1 of 5 gives black screen on playback start (actually MP is not frozen and you can't get out from Bscreen ->CTRL-ALT-DEL kill MP helps) and doesn't matter which file is, once it works, next time it fails on the same file (I'm not using TV so can't say anything for that).

Actually, I can't see light in the tunnel in this because all of those issues are really hardware-software dependent on user side and owls (IMHO) can't create universal dll which will work flawlessly on every system. I just archived 1.3.0A dshowhelper.dll and will use it for the time being.

Now, black screen could be a problem of refresh rate change on video file play start and something goes in infinite loop and waiting (that's my assumption) and it is really random but as I found my favorite version I'm not looking anymore for something new.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom