MP 1.3.x dshowhelper development (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a recommended codec to try this?
    Not really - dshowhelper doesn't directly interact with the video decoder anyway.

Just added v672 to first page - discovered/fixed a problem with some time delays being incorrect.

Tony

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Just had a freeze with 670b logs attached.

So much better though, over two days continuous without problems.

Is there any improvements in 672 ?
    I will try this now.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just had a freeze with 670b logs attached.

So much better though, over two days continuous without problems.

Is there any improvements in 672 ?
    I will try this now.

I suspect there is more than one problem here - the freeze in the latest logs is in a different place to the others. I'll post a v673 soon....

Tony

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Testing now thanks.

The little time with 672 though I found it very smooth, clean and fast between changes in playback which is good.

What does ForceFirstFrame do and what are its settings ?

Last edited:

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @SciDoctor - v673 attached with some of the internal locking changed for trials......

Tony
    Used this one, had a lockup of mediaportal.exe had to kill it with taskmanager. Don't have logs. I was watching on my second tuner (first one was recording).

Atleast you know :)

Had the queue dws somthing set to 1, now i'm trying it with the settings set to 0

edit: almost forgot to mention, it's a huge improvement compaired to the default dshowfilter regarding to the speed of changing channels, its about a 5 to 10 sec win in my situation (using tvserver)

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    @SciDoctor - v673 attached with some of the internal locking changed for trials......

Tony
    Used this one, had a lockup of mediaportal.exe had to kill it with taskmanager. Don't have logs. I was watching on my second tuner (first one was recording).

Had the queue dws somthing set to 1, now i'm trying it with the settings set to 0

edit: almost forgot to mention, it's a huge improvement compaired to the default dshowfilter regarding to the speed of changing channels, its about a 5 to 10 sec win in my situation (using tvserver)

I need the logs to do anything sensible, but attached is another version with some mods....

I don't know why it is making a difference to channel change speed - all I can think of is that the recent versions free up the buffer memory earlier at end-of-play, but a 5-10 sec improvement is huge....

Tony

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Tony

I need the logs to do anything sensible, but attached is another version with some mods....

I don't know why it is making a difference to channel change speed - all I can think of is that the recent versions free up the buffer memory earlier at end-of-play, but a 5-10 sec improvement is huge....

Tony
    well i think the 5 - 10 sec took place in my head, i do think its a bit faster than default dshowfilter but not that much faster. It's a bit weird, sometimes i get channel changes of 1 - 2 sec, and sometimes it's 5 - 10 - 15. Excpecially with chaging to my second tuner.

I've installed 674 now and reverted the 0 back to 1. We'll see.

Is there a 'best' settings (registery) for this (watching live TV)

I've already had a lockup, i've cleared all the logs now and watching again. If it locksup again i'll send the logs.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is there a 'best' settings (registery) for this (watching live TV)

Just use the defaults + try 'EnableDWMQueuedMode' set to 0 and 1 (defaults are listed at the top of this post - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-1-3-x-dshowhelper-development.113014/#post-921629 - or just delete the whole key and dshowhelper will create the default settings next time it runs).

The most interesting logs for me are evr.log, MediaPortal.log, error.log and TsReader.log, so just zip those up and attach if that's easier/quicker after a lockup.

Tony

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom