MP 1.3.x dshowhelper development (1 Viewer)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your effort. New posted version runs very well. Better as 1.3A Default stuff. Only one thing ... i had to disable the REG Key to 0
So i think Windows with my GT430 works with noDWM stuff better as enabled. I also used the noDWM version with 1.2.3 to get better results.
In my opinion its a system / driver related point, where everybody can test witch setting is the best.

I will stay on this version / EnableDWMQueuedMode = 0

Many thanks Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Release v663b:
    • Registry key added - 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\EVR Presenter\EnableDWMQueuedMode - if this is '1' DWM queued mode is enabled, if '0' it is disabled (it is disabled in the standard dshowhelper).

Thanks for this Owlsroost. Do we need to create/set the registry key manually to enable 'queued' mode or is this auto-set/default?

The key is created automatically with the default settings the first time dshowhelper is used (so just play something after installing it).

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    In my opinion its a system / driver related point, where everybody can test witch setting is the best.

I agree.

Enabling DWM 'queued' mode seems to help people using dual monitor setups in particular (which is why I've had several requests for a 1.3.x compatible 'DWM' version :))

Tony

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    The key is created automatically with the default settings the first time dshowhelper is used (so just play something after installing it).

Thanks, I can confirm it's worked :)[DOUBLEPOST=1349692529][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Enabling DWM 'queued' mode seems to help people using dual monitor setups in particular (which is why I've had several requests for a 1.3.x compatible 'DWM' version :))

Tony

Yes, I use dual-monitor and always found the DWM version essential with 1.2.3. 1.3a seems to have been OK with the default dshowhelper, although my friends are always telling me that TV is out-of-sync, so hopefully this will help but certainly with 1.2.3 I would have very obvious and noticeable problems with the framerate/high render time with the standard dshowhelper.

Last edited:

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With this release, I have a Problem after watsching a BluRay (3D) via external Player (TMT5):
    • After closing Player and going back to MP, skin doesn't display any reaction to input (remote control). The last Window is shown (Filmlist of moving pictures), but the cursor doesn't move or any other screen is displayed.
    • But the system does react to the input: The skin sounds are fine and on LCD display of the case, the Names (Film or Menu Element Name) is shown.
    Did try both DWM options, with no success. With the original dsshowherlper, I don't have this problem.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    With this release, I have a Problem after watsching a BluRay (3D) via external Player (TMT5):
    • After closing Player and going back to MP, skin doesn't display any reaction to input (remote control). The last Window is shown (Filmlist of moving pictures), but the cursor doesn't move or any other screen is displayed.
    • But the system does react to the input: The skin sounds are fine and on LCD display of the case, the Names (Film or Menu Element Name) is shown.
    Did try both DWM options, with no success. With the original dsshowherlper, I don't have this problem.

Logs please for the EnableDWMQueuedMode = 0 situation (note you need to restart MP when you change the registry settings)

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

An odd issue if you ask from me. When using the external Blu-ray player the EVR renderer is not used for anything, so it shouldn't affect the MP GUI in any way.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

An odd issue if you ask from me. When using the external Blu-ray player the EVR renderer is not used for anything, so it shouldn't affect the MP GUI in any way.

That's my opinion too....but I'd still like to see the logs....

Tony

Last edited:

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

the logs are attached.

Steps I've have made:
    1. Stop TV
    2. search & start Movi in Moving Pictures Plugin
    3. a few seconds playback in TMT5
    4. stop and back to MP
    I had this problem allready with MP 1.2.3 and some of the dshowhelper for it. As far as I remember ther v0092a_no_DWM did fine and the "part_DWM" ones not.

If Mediportal is resumed, the colors are little "bright" for few seconds, but changes immediately to "normal". Within TMT5 auto refresh rate Changing is enabled. (For 3D Movies) it makes no difference if disbaled --> still no reaction on Skin.

Hopefully you can get some futher Information from the logs...

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK - found a problem with the way the registry settings were handled (which meant that DWM queued mode was always enabled....)

Der_Bub - can you try the attached v665 version please (with EnableDWMQueuedMode = 0) ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom