MP 1.6 Crashed when programming the previous memu button for USB-UIRT (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can try again and post the log, but I am not sure what I am to do with the file that you posted. I think that you have me confused with someone who knows what they are doing :)

Could you tell me what I should do with this configuration.zip file?

Sorry for not knowing.

-S

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

Sorry, backup your original files and replace by the one supply in zip in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' :)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    OK. I put the Configuration.exe and the Configuration.pdb into the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' folder. I renamed the old configuration.exe to configuration.exe.old. There was no file called configuration.pdb so I just put it in the same folder and when I tried to start the mediaportal configuration window I got the following error. See the pictures attached. The MP Config Problem is the error message.

-S

Attachments

• New Config file.JPG
      New Config file.JPG
      177 KB
    • MP Config Problem.JPG
      MP Config Problem.JPG
      28.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

Try to add in your shortcut for configuration.exe the options /avoidversioncheck
    For ex mine is : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /avoidversioncheck"

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks but no more information it seems :(
    You can maybe try a full clean installation (it will try to start configuration with no plugin and see if it does the same).

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    I thought that is what I was working with a full clean installation? Can you tell me more about this? Do the logs show that I don't have a full installation or do you mean wipe my drive, reinstall the OS and then install MP 1.6 again then try?

-S

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have see in your log error related to tvseries and wifiremote, that's why i'm thinking is not 100% installation ;)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Final post. Thank you Sebastiii for the help on this issue. I wanted to say that while I have not been able to make it work, I have been able to employ event ghost and the plug in for media portal to control media portal. I know your time is valuable so I want to say thanks for helping me with this even though the solution was achieved through another route. Again thank you.

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom