MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny

Portal Member
January 7, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am using graphics card Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT ver 21.21.13.4201.

MP2 will still not play TV or play recorded TV even with Firewall disabled, I do not have any video content to play on the machine aside from WMA files that do not seem to play. I can view files within videos in MP2.

In order to figure out if I have old programs that might be an issue, I looked at all my installed software and found QuickTime, which I uninstalled, then found PlayReady PC runtime AMD64 which windows DCIM tool to uninstall.

I then ran Autoruns and deleted all files not found and anything older that was unused anymore. Followed up with a reboot and then cleaned registry files.

Still getting the same error and cannot watch live or recorded TV in MP2

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Subtitles.MpcSubtitles.GetCount()
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Tools.MpcStreamInfoHandler..ctor()

Badimage format seems to be coming when MP2 is trying to use a UI player. The error when researched on Windows indicates that it is a program from an older version of windows and has a compatibility issue. Is there a player somewhere, which I have to change properties for compatibility within MP2?

I have unchecked all "subtitles" in MP2 settings to no avail.

I reviewed MP2 in properties and it is running in compatibility mode for Windows 8, please confirm this is correct, and which MP2 exe files do I need to check compatibility with. If this is not correct, please confirm what version of windows I should set compatibility.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No compatibility settings at all please. MP2 runs on Windows 10 without further interaction.

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Manny,
    I have exactly the same issue, ts files will not play within MP2, but I can record TV shows and play them e.g. with WMP.
    So, could you resolve the issue in the meantime?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Manny was not online for 3 years, so the chance for an answer is very low.
    Please upload log files as mentioned in the other thread you started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom