MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny

Portal Member
January 7, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am now using only the plugin XMLTV, I found and deleted a plugin that I downloaded due to a link in the wiki for the xmltv instructions, not working. This seems to have fixed some of the problems, but I still cannot watch live TV from within media portal without it crashing. It is now grabbing channels correctly, I can set recordings and I can record shows, however, if I attempt to playback recordings within media portal, it will not playback. I can go into the recorded TV folder and play the recordings outside of media portal.

The problem in Media portal started originally after I tried to configure Webradio and possibly when Windows found I was using an outdated codec and sent a message to update and I updated.

It appears that I might have a problem with the Webradio Language and also it is looking for Online Videos CanWest and Site Util with name CanWest and not finding it? It seems to still have the badimage error. I have attached the debug log.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-01-11-12.08.17.zip
    4.1 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I haven’t looked into the logs yet.

possibly when Windows found I was using an outdated codec and sent a message to update and I updated.
    Mmh, MP2 will never ask you to update codecs. The only codec that you need is LAV, which is installed together with MP2. Check out the settings for the Video Player and select LAV for each sub-option.

looking for Online Videos CanWest and Site Util with name CanWest and not finding it?
    You can safely ignore these warnings.

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    I have checked all the sub-options and set codecs to LAV, but still unable to watch TV or watch recorded TV programs through Media Portal. I am able to view the recorded TV programs with my player outside of Media Portal. When I try to use Live TV in media portal, it attempts to start, then closes. I am still getting a badimage format error, but I am not sure where this might be coming from. Is there a way to check this? The only plugin I have activated is XMLTV.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

The setup is at least partially corrupted:
    [2020-01-11 11:57:23,263] [2052 ] [Dokan ] [WARN ] - Dokan: DokanMain returned with error code -4 - Driver something wrong. Remote resources may not be available in this session
    although this error did not appear in the previous log that was recorded a minute earlier.

What I suggest to do is:
    • Uninstall MP2: just select the uninstall option in Windows and let it work.
    • Uninstall Dokan - you will be prompted to reboot
    • Download the 2.2.3 setup zip file again
      N.B. If you download this using MS Edge or IE make sure that you tick the safety option "Allow access" in the file properties of the zip before you extract the installer.
    • Reinstall MP2 - this will also install Dokan again. You'll be prompted to reboot
    This will put you at the same point where you were before uninstalling. All your data will still be there - with the exception of WebRadio. Then please try again and report back.

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    Followed your instructions, but the results are the same, unable to play live TV out of media portal and cannot play recordings from within Media Portal. The logs still have the BadImage format error, indicating that there is a dll within the program that is not functioning with windows 10. Please advise.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, that's not the problem. The error is due to a mix of x86 calling x64 or vice-versa. Never seen this before in MP2.

It seems to be somehow related to subtitle handling
    [2020-01-24 21:51:05,291] [149382 ] [12 ] [ERROR] - ApplicationLauncher: Unhandled exception in application
    System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Subtitles.MpcSubtitles.GetCount()

Can you check the following please:
    • Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins and look at the subdirectories. They should all have the same date (1/24, i.e. the date of your installation). If there is any other date, delete the respective subdirectory.
    • What options did you select in Settings under Player/Video Player/Subtitles? If you untick them all, does it make a difference?

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    I checked the plugins and there were different dates, so I deleted the subs with the different dates. Still no difference, so I unticked all the subtitles under "players" and while it is no longer crashing and closing when I try to watch live TV or the recordings, I am getting a new error: 'There is no player registered to play media item"

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    attached are new logs.

Attachments

• 320628_MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-01-25-02.27.42.zip
      1.2 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I believe we've been on a completely wrong track. You are using Win 10 Enterprise, right?

Do you have WIndows MediaPlayer installed? If not, you can add Windows Media Player by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, clicking on “Manage optional features” and then “Add a feature” and select Windows Media Player to install.

You may also install the complete Media Feature Pack this way.

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    in anticipation of Media Portal 2 install, we made sure we had Media Player and also Windows Movies and Features is installed. I am able to use the players to watch the recordings, but it has to be outside of media portal.
    Using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 18363

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom